Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Beat Remover?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

LilNilHome userMember since 2004
I have no experice as a dj. so i want to know, is it possible to remove the beat of a song, so that you just can here the vocals?
Kind regards LilNil
(if there are any mistakes in my english, I have to apologize, I'm from germany)

Posté Thu 22 Jan 04 @ 2:46 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can try to cut the bass and the Hi , but it isn't very good

Posté Thu 22 Jan 04 @ 5:54 pm
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i know there is a plug-in that is supposed to remove vocals for VDJ

Posté Thu 22 Jan 04 @ 8:35 pm
Only for the beat i can also set the loop at right place. But I want to mix two songs, and therefore i only need one beat but two vocals, you know? Kind regards LilNil

Posté Thu 22 Jan 04 @ 8:40 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok, this ones a tricky one. There is only one way to do it as I know and it isnt pleasent.

As you may know most songs are recorded in stereo. Now, some songs have the vocals recorded in a single channel of the two, therefore by using some kind of phase inverter, flanger or other trickery it is possible to remove the vocals. But it isnt that effective.

Now you say you want to remove the beats. Well there is certain software on the internet that once removes the vocals lets you keep the vocal channel/layer and loose the beats using the same method but discarding the downmix.

I have tried using these softwares and it all depends on how the track was recorded. If you have stereo vocals then no good. I am quite suprised that it is not possible yet because as you know for a human to distinguish between vocals and beats is possible. So why not a computer?

Anyway, the best method for you is to search for the acapella versions if you want to keep vocals, or instrumental and karaoke versions if you want to keep the beats. Bearing in mind that it will be quite hard if not impossible to find these for certain tunes.

If all else fails, buy the sheet music and use a programme such as fruityloops to recreate the tune. This also has the benefit that youre not breaching copyrights.

Jukesy

Posté Fri 23 Jan 04 @ 1:40 am
LilNil, to isolate the vocals.. turn down the bass and treble.
vocals are at mid-range. There is no way filter this for 100% even expensive equipement can't do that.

you can only surpress beats a lot, but not completly

and Sharan, LilNil is trying to filterout all other sounds so that only the VOCALS remain (instead of removing the vocals).

Posté Fri 23 Jan 04 @ 7:54 am
I am very thankful. I got some acapella tracks, but not the one I need. If it's possible to remove the vocals, why is it impossible to remove the beats? Maybe I have to ask in a music- store for software like that. Kind regards LilNil

Posté Fri 23 Jan 04 @ 11:35 am
it's easyer for an equalizer to surpress frequencies for vocals because vocals mostly contain tones which are nearby 1khz frequency. so it's easier to isolate and surpress those frequencies.

Drumming beatz frequencies make use much more frequencies including from low frequencies (basskick) to high frequencies (hihats/snares). vocal-frequencies are somewhere in de middle of the audio-frequency-spectrum.

so, it's almost impossible to filterout/surpress beatz out of a song.

Posté Fri 23 Jan 04 @ 1:10 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posté Sun 25 Jan 04 @ 9:23 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)