Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet atomix isnt ment for poffessional use. - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

i am a pro dj from germany and have been doing this job for 10 years now.yesterday i tried using atomix together with my turntables.atomix maby great for home use or for somone who doesnt have a mixer.but for pro use it really sucks.first of all whay use the auto beat matching if u have a mixer??it isnt so difficult doing this on your own.also the latency is much to high.a much better programm is BPMpro.ok its much more expensive(500eu) but its faster,much more stable and much more easy to use for pro ussage.so if u r just a hobby dj atomix might do the job but if u r not then look for something else.of course nothing can compare to good old fashion ´vinyl.

Posté Thu 06 Feb 03 @ 6:27 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
HHmmmm, think I'm going to have to disagree with you. I quit my job 12 years ago and have earned my living as a DJ ever since. 2 years ago I started using Atomix. I currently am working at least 4 nights each week. Now, maybe that doesn't qualify me as a "pro", but Atomix works great for my uses. And, yes of course I use a mixer. I split the output of Atomix into 2 seperate channels. Several of my friends (other working DJ's) use other software, but when they see what I'm doing with Atomix, they drool over the features that the software they are using doesn't have.

Posté Thu 06 Feb 03 @ 6:40 pm

Agree with Rick, I work in clubs in Florida. 2 soundcards one mixer and possibilities that turtables don't offer me: looping and recreating the songs on the fly. I've been working with turntables for a decade and a pc is much more powerful. No problem with me. As of beatmatching, for me it has nothing to do with your mixer but with your ears. I don't need no computer to beatmatch but if the computer does it why not using it ... the technique is not important, what matters is what comes out of the speaker and that people enjoy it.
As of being a so called "pro dj" it does not mean a lot. by definition a pro is someone who makes money out of one activity. Pro does not mean good. N'sync are a pro band (they make money). This (fortunately) does not make them good singers!
Atomix rules. Peace!

Posté Thu 06 Feb 03 @ 9:22 pm
I agree and disagree.

I agree with that fact that it is higher-latency. I find that there is a slight delay when hitting the play button. Other programs (like PCDJ) are much more lower latency. Also, as everyone is aware of ... sound quality needs improvement.

However the functionality that atomix brings is tremendous. No programs have features close to what atomix has. No other interfaces are as functional and customizable like atomix.

Posté Thu 06 Feb 03 @ 9:31 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I guess after using Atomix for so long I have become acustomed to whatever latency there may be cause my mixes flow and I don't miss the beats......I use it every weekend in a bar proffessionaly.

Posté Thu 06 Feb 03 @ 9:58 pm
The fact that AtomixMP3 has no VU meters and uses auto-level controls masks AtomixMP3 as not really being "for professional use".

Posté Thu 06 Feb 03 @ 10:06 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm going to disagree once again.. I don't have any latency issues, and the sound quality is more than FINE! As for VU meters?? give me a break, not one of the turntables I ever used, or any of the pro line CD players had a VU meter. There is just no need for this. Your meter is on your mixer. The auto gain also works just fine, sure, I wouldn't walk away from it and just let it run in auto gain, but it's a nice feature, that again none of my turntables, or CD players ever had.

Posté Fri 07 Feb 03 @ 12:50 am
1) The sound quality issue has been talked to death, so it's better we don't go there. This sound file speaks for itself (It alternates between 100% and 112%):

webhome.idirect.com/~jproc/dave/AtomixQuality.mp3

2) The whole latency thing isn't really that much of an issue especially when you see your cue points visually

3) The auto-gain is alright ... It does do an alright job of matching the levels (Remember ... its not a COMPRESSOR !! A GAIN control is DIFFERENT than a COMPRESSOR). I would never even think of using the Auto-Gain in a club. JUST remember that it's a SOFTWARE gain ... when you raise it too high regardless of how quiet the original track is ... it becomes distorted. BUT There's only so much you can do you about that on the software emulation basis .... it's MUCH different than the gain control on a DJ mixer.

4) We've killed the actual discussion on AtomixMP3 used to Professional use. Everyone has their own opinion on it. Rick has his, homeboy has is, I have mine. I would definately use it in a club if i had the chance, provided I am using properly encoded MP3's along with a good hardware mixer.

Posté Fri 07 Feb 03 @ 1:40 am
Hi,

Just to say that i have heard a lot of talk about once the pitch is shifted up then u hear like a kinda hissing noise?? I dont know where that has come from?? i dont such things?

I mean, like said b4 that the sound quality defo needs improving and to be really honest, i have not noticed sound loss once the pitch is adjusted.

I am not saying that there is no sound loss, i am saying that i have not noticed any. This is mainly due to the fact that i dont really increase the pitch much over the default anyway. If ure mixing the rite kinda choons then there is no need.

Dark Storm

Posté Fri 07 Feb 03 @ 1:49 am
blah, blah.....everyone has their opinion, I only use it for my own pleasure so I think it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

As the Dark wan says if your playing the right tunes, the pitch should vary little each mix.

later,
Liam

Posté Fri 07 Feb 03 @ 8:56 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It only takes an increase of 1% and the hiss is already there. Also I wish they would fix the skipping with Audigy 2 cards. I still love Atomix for only one reason. Overlapping waveforms!!!

Posté Fri 07 Feb 03 @ 7:47 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I agree with Rick!
Rip your music in 160 or 192 kbps and it will "Work Great"
I´ve been working with turntables since -87 and there is no such feeling like that ,but when it comes to earn money every day at the week it is an easier and a cheaper way to go...
When it comes to mix with Cd´s use Pioneer CDJ-1000 or 800 they are the greatest to work with..but not so sheap!!

Posté Fri 07 Feb 03 @ 10:09 pm
baaaaaaaaaaaa!

Posté Sat 08 Feb 03 @ 12:56 am
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think its awesome. Ok sound quality might need improving. But i managed to get into the last ten of the nescafelive/Ministry of sound finals with it. I use atomix professionaly and can outmix any vinal DJ. Personally I reckon if you need the auto beatmatch then you really shouldnt be DJ'ing unless in your bedroom for fun. House and Dance dJ's are ten a penny. I could teach my little sister to mix house in a matter of hours. Try and be creative with your mixes. The beauty of atomix is that it lets you put whatever tunes you like on the decks and then the rest is up to you. It allows the pitch to be altered by 32% rather than the normal decks 8%. Plus you have pitch enable feature get yourself a decent mixer and you will never look back. If you just want to beatmatch boring house tunes all at 130 BPM get some crappy sound lab decks and a mixer. Atomix is the future. Trust me.
Jukesy

Posté Sat 08 Feb 03 @ 2:45 am
ok ok atomix is dem good for the price I love it! it is true they need to work on the sound card problem this thing useing two sound card is out,not too many djs want to carry a big pc I think many djs today has laptop so how are they going to use two sound cards, there are usb sound cards now and that's what I use with pcdj & bpm 4.7 and I get two full stereo out puts with this usb sound card made by ego systems the card name maya 7.1 ,but when I use atomix I got to use two y-adapter,atomix just needs support for orther sound drivers, like direcsound driver/waveout driver/asio driver and easi driver,atomix is for pro thank you, yes I

Posté Sun 09 Feb 03 @ 9:10 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I dj professionally for over 25 years. I have been using atomix in my one club every friday and saturday night for over 2 years without any problems whatsoever. This weekend club has a capacity of 3,200 people and nobody ever complained. And, you can imagine how many wannabes show up. For the price and what you get, it is great.

Posté Wed 12 Feb 03 @ 8:04 pm
xmarkomHome userMember since 2003
Hey. STOP BUGGING THE WEB PAGE! Atomix is great thing. I was on MixVibes for a long time. But this software has something other does not and that is EASY-TO_USE even without mixers or controllers (numark etc) you can use this without problems. Every option is, how to say, available on first hand. (SORRY ABOUT MY ENGLISH). It has low price. I quit mixvibes and now i collect money for this (third-world country). I present this program and its capabilities to one dj. and he is very happy and he will use this program (laptop and mixete or course) for professional use in some club. Then i will say does it works for real. I HOPE IT WILL BE GOOD!

Posté Thu 13 Feb 03 @ 10:10 pm
I too have used Mixvibes. Its really really bad software. Could be much improved.

Posté Fri 14 Feb 03 @ 1:09 am
auburnHome userMember since 2002
"atomix isnt ment for poffessional use." is correct.
AtomixMP3 is meant for professional use!!!
Learn to spell before criticizing this brilliant software.
Keep up the good work everybody; I love all the developments so far!!!

Posté Sat 15 Feb 03 @ 12:41 am
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
quote"The auto gain also works just fine, sure, I wouldn't walk away from it and just let it run in auto gain"quote

It's not possible to take a piss with atomix in auto mode because of the autogain, it's not possible to make a playlist and let it run because of the crapy auto gain!!, just build in a compessor like audiostocker pro and every mp3 will sound right.

The autobeath engine is the best the interface is good to, but the autofade and autogain needs work.

I wanted to use the software in my bar for playing all kinds of music for 80% in automode and 20% live dj'ing, i tryed it but for autoplay atomixmp3 failed but for live dj'ing it's good but even than the autogain is useless because 1. it's on my mixtable 2.it make's songs sound crapy if you put it up to high.

So please use a compressor like audiostocker pro and dump the autogain!!!

Posté Sat 15 Feb 03 @ 10:54 am
80%