Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet When does a new version of Atomix will arrive?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

LocutosPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Atomixmp3 is a great software to mix mp3, although in my opinion i believe that it could be better! Don´t see this as a bad thing! What i intend to do with my opinion is to induce developments on this really great software! What i realise is that it could have more precision in the mixing timing, i mean, it could be even more perfect than a professional cd mix because the music is transformed to binary codes, so with a big effort, based in the mathematics of the program could be better and prove that software can be a solution to music mixing!
I am not a fanatic, believe me, the bad thing to happen is that the pc can brake due to the wonderfull sh!t that windows operating system is, but with XP we can be a little more relaxed with it! But nothing like having the security that is a real professional cd deck to mix music! I am a full version user as you can see but i believe that improvements in atomixmp3 could be made to have a great software! :)
I believe that the visual part could also be inproved, to really see the 2 songs on the same time to the milisecond or even less if possible!
continue the good job! Person like me don´t botther to pay for this great effort from the tehcnics and producers!
Thanks!!!

And by the way sorry about my english because i´m portugueese!!! ok? :)
(***Edited Spelling by DJ Walkers***)

Posté Tue 25 Mar 03 @ 4:54 pm
I agree with your comments man, I've been using atomixmp3 since it was released even with a different name he he... and I thinks is the best software to spin, not only because the graphic help, but also for the quality of the sound and all the stuff you can do with it... But Im sure that the Atomixmp3 crew will improve the characteristics of the program, maybe some features like a third deck or improvement on the quality of the output sound (you know what happens if you modify the original bpm... the quality of the sound decrease). that would help me to save lots of time editing and chanhing the pitch with other software in order to bring the best quality for my sets. However, congratulations to the crew of atomixmp3 : )

Posté Fri 18 Apr 03 @ 9:28 pm
leahcimHome userMember since 2005
good points, but are we ever going to see another update? or is the focus on virtualDJ? Sometimes I feel like I'm on my own here, in a ghost town. I don't want to feel ripped off, but I bought Atomix instantly, without thinking (because its good) only to drop by this site and find things havent changed for a few YEARS??? home page posts are dated 03, and even 02. Has anything happened? Do people still use it? or does the money keep trickling in for an abandoned piece of potentially excellent software. I love Atomix and will be submitting skins etc. plus an extensive wishlist for ver 2.4 (v3?...) perhaps its time to open source the project and let the community have a go. what do you think? users? moderators? anyway, what am i gonna do but keep using it and bugging everyone with my posts. leahcim.

Posté Wed 18 May 05 @ 6:47 am
Locutos says "I believe that the visual part could also be inproved, to really see the 2 songs on the same time to the milisecond or even less if possible! " I have to ask what for?....as a dj program this program beats all others except VDJ. And if doing a mix or getting ready to do a mix you play each and every song for about 2 minutes you will never have a problem beat mixing. i think you need to rip the songs from a cd and make sure they are in mp3 format.Once you have all the songs that you want to mix ripped, run them through MP3Gain
http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/
and make all the volume levels the same.

Trancetorn asks about a 3rd deck..i agree.....if it had a 3rd deck what you could do with this program would be even more awesome than what it is now. but the bit about editing and using othe software to change the pitch, man, experiment with atomix and you will find you can do all of that with atomix. because atomix records into a wav file the loss of quality will be beyond what humans can hear unless the wav is recorded over and over like one times or something like that.

leahcim asks "are we ever going to see another update?" the only way we are going to see another update to this program is if we keep bugging the team. you allso say " things havent changed for a few YEARS??? home page posts are dated." i post a lot to this forum and so do many other people. maybe its because its years between your visits and thats why you see dated posts...lol....just joking m8ty...

as you say "I love Atomix and will be submitting skins etc. plus an extensive wishlist" I love it too. maybe you can put a third deck on a skin?...as far as a wishlist goes there is one floating around here somewhere on the forums. i look forward to trying out your skin(s) and would make one myself but i am lost. maybe we can toss ideas back and forth and come up with a skin that has no equal..

anyways...i hope this answers some questions and helps some people out

Posté Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 3:15 pm
correcting a pelling mistake here...Trancetorn...i meant one hundred times because atomix records into a wav file the loss of quality will be beyond what humans can hear unless the wav is recorded over and over like one times or something like that.

Posté Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 3:18 pm
StokesHome userMember since 2004
What you just said leahcim is spot on. I love atomix and think they are missing out on developing a great product. Sad sad world this is.

Posté Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 1:02 pm
leahcimHome userMember since 2005
oh @#$@ a reply!

here I was blasting away again and someone (good-ol RAW-BEAR) dropped me a line. thankyou. please ignore any new abuse directed at anyones family :) will be getting to work on a 3 deck skin shortly but am wondering is anyone going to use a skin built at 1440x900 or is that just too big. my laptops resolution is native to that (Satellite P20) but maybe (1280x1024 or) 1024x768 is a more common and readily accepted resolution. i just think 800x600 is too small these days. thoughts?

Posté Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 6:45 am
1024 x 768 is probably the best way to go right now. also i would love to work with you on the design and what i would like to see in a new skin. as i speak my new computer is on its way BACK to the maker to get a new audio/video card put in. So it will be a couple of weeks before i get it back. my external drive wants to reformat on this old clunker i am using so it will be at least a couple of weeks before i can do anything with you. i would like to see parts of about 10 skins all rolled into one awesome skin. if i knew programing i would have made one a long time ago...anyways...please make a skin...i would like to try it out for sure.

Posté Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 1:27 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)