Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet AUTO PITCH

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi guys and girls,
just started using VDJ, and my only problem is the pitch,

Is there any way of setting the pitch to say 12% or 15% for every sond, with out doing anything, ATM i'm manually increasing the pitch to 12% when each song comes to the deck, and as you know normal speed is too slow for a club, unless the song is allready increased.

if any one has any ideas i wold love to know..

KEEN DJ

Posté Sun 15 Feb 04 @ 4:23 am
@Keen:
I asked for something similar a long time ago, but I guess it just wasn't popular enough to get implemented.

It is a time saver to at least have the pitch of the next song close to what's playing. You can accomplish this to some degree by creating a shortkut to one of the Sync functions.... I can't remember which one but I have done it. If you can't figure it out, I can look at my keyboard mapping for you one day.

It works well, but.... it depends heavily on vDJ having acquired a fairly accurate BPM of the song. In my case, it doesn't always help because vDJ has trouble acquiring BPMs for the genre I spin.

BTW, what I asked for before was a shortcut (vDJ command) that sets the pitch slider to match the opposite deck, regardless of BPM value.... very simple [:o)

Having said that, I am happy with vDJ. It is the best of the pack, but I really wish development would come out of the Techno/Dance box to implement features that benefit a broader range of genres.

Posté Sun 15 Feb 04 @ 10:11 pm
An adjustable "pitch boost" option could be interesting, why not.

But I think that an increase of 12% all the time is too much!
I use to increase the pitch between 2 or 3% no more.

This is enough to produce the effect your are looking for, and people are not conscious of this modification.
:)

Posté Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 9:28 am
sorry, the previous message has mine, I was too long to write it.
:p

Posté Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 9:30 am
Grrrrrrrrrrr!

unable to have good login while writing a message, this anonymous was Kaléo.

Posté Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 9:33 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)