Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Atomix Controller - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hello Everyone. Development has begun on a user-defineable controller for use with AtomixMP3. Keep in mind, this is NOT endorsed or created by AtomixMP3 in ANY way.... You can view the video of the first working scratch interface portion of the controller here:

http://fastforwardthinker.com
(video is under the "design" portion of the website)

The final controller should be completed within a month or so. It will include: Touch-Activated Scratch Interface, Porgrammable Buttons, Joystick-Style Controls for main Functions, and a mouse touch-pad, all housed in a nice 19" rackmount case. USB Interface, self-powered, no drivers or software needed. (hopefully) Target retail price is aimed at less than $100 USD, so everyone can afford it.

Although the final prototype will be done soon, we are hoping to have the completed consumer version ready for release by August or Spetember of 2003.

We are currently seeking hard-working, creative, inspiring individuals in the fields of computer science, electrical engineering, and software/hardware engineering for help in finalizing the product for patented status. We are always looking for innovative individuals to join our team, even if you can't do all the technical aspects. If you are interested in working with us, send an email describing your interest in being a part of our team to this address: teamapply@fastforwardthinker.com
Include brief experience/education summary and a few portfolio examples if desired.

Those interested in investment opportunity information can send an email to invest@fastforwardthinker.com

General Inquires can be directed to controller@fastforwardthinker.com

Regards,
Scott Paradis

Best Regards to all the AtomixMP3 Teamers, for whom I have the utmost respect. Much respect to all the AtomixMP3 junkies out there just like myself... ;-)

Special thanks to Jukesy for all his help thus far!!! :-)

Posté Thu 24 Apr 03 @ 6:41 am
mhvuHome userMember since 2003
look great... let us know when the product is out.
For usablity, just wonder if you can make the disc spins while hook up with the program.

Posté Thu 24 Apr 03 @ 8:12 pm
I considered having the disc spinning, but it really serves no purpose, and It might make your mouse a bit harder to control... so for now, it only rotates when you spin it....

Posté Thu 24 Apr 03 @ 11:15 pm
Hey Scot, If what you're up to, really kicks in, man Am I gonna worship you.... God Is really gonna be angry with me.
You have no idea what yar inventing.

You can count on my Dollar. Let me know when it comes out.
My Name is DJ Hebel and I will send you an Email.

Posté Fri 25 Apr 03 @ 11:15 am
Thank you. It's coming along great. Got the touch sensitivity working properly, and just received buttons and joystick switches for controls. More pics in a few days.

Regards,
Scott

Posté Sat 26 Apr 03 @ 12:51 am
mhvuHome userMember since 2003
Well,
The reasons I want the disc to spin are:
1. It looks like a vinyl spinning
2. If you want to scratch, you can pintpoint exactly the part you want the disc to spin backward to (just mark a spot in the disc and use it as the cue point). Make life much easier isn't it?

Please please consider it.
Any seconds my feedback???

Heck, I'll worship you too if you can get this feature works

Posté Sat 26 Apr 03 @ 5:47 am
i personally dont see the need for it to spin! as you can see when to scratch by looking at visual dispaly in atomix!

Posté Sat 26 Apr 03 @ 2:46 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Check out final scratch if you want a spinning vinyl interface.

With a program like this it would never work. Atomix has the advantage of being able to loop 1/4 beat to 8 beats and also the advantage to jump anywhere in the song to integrate this to a spinning disc would be near impossible and not to mention look ridiculous when looping 1/4 beat.

Nice idea though, just wont integrate with this type of software

Jukesy

Posté Sat 26 Apr 03 @ 2:52 pm
i agree with jukesey :)

Posté Sat 26 Apr 03 @ 3:36 pm
is it also going to work with VirtualDj???

GnoedeL

Posté Sat 26 Apr 03 @ 6:13 pm
i would have thought so depends on the coding plus what features it has :)

Posté Sat 26 Apr 03 @ 8:33 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yep will work with virtual dj.

Jukesy

Posté Sat 26 Apr 03 @ 10:20 pm
Hi,

When will Virtual Dj be out? Anybody Know?

Dark Storm

Posté Sat 26 Apr 03 @ 11:18 pm
Dark Storm:
Soon as possible...that's all we know :-)

Norm

Posté Sat 26 Apr 03 @ 11:43 pm
is it going to be very nice looking like the bpm pro controller ? im looking forward to see this controller, take your time to make it look very nice, all the best men! what the joystick is for ?

Posté Thu 01 May 03 @ 6:24 am
The two joysticks are meant as a change from just having buttons to push for controls. They are 4 or 8-way switches (user preference) so you can assign a function of atomix to each direction.

example of joysticks in 4-way mode:

-Stick One-
Up (play)
Down (Pause)
Left (Stop)
Right (Cue)

-Stick Two-
Up (pitch up)
Down (pitch down)
Left (nudge left)
Right (nudge right)

Each direction gives a "click" when pressed. In 4-way mode, you can control 8 functions, so for most users, the majority of functions that are used frequently could be controlled without ever taking your hands off of the joysticks. If you have it in 8-way mode, there is a total of 16 functions that could be controlled. On top of that, there is the 15 or 20 buttons you could assign things like EQ, FX, Loops, etc whatever you want.... everybody is different, your creativity is really the only limit....

PLUS the scratch interface...... ;-)

-Scott

Posté Thu 01 May 03 @ 7:35 am
YES ITS ABOUT TIME AND FOR 100 BUCKS THIS IS TEN IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Posté Thu 01 May 03 @ 3:25 pm
SO it will be like the PIONEERCDJ1000 where it holds when you touch it?

Posté Thu 01 May 03 @ 3:40 pm
Exactly. You touch the disc, the music stops. you lift your finger, the music plays.

Posté Thu 01 May 03 @ 6:15 pm
You know what would be the "Icing on the Cake?" A cross fader. That would kill, Jerry.

Posté Fri 23 May 03 @ 5:30 pm
87%