Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Anyone up for a mixing project?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have a 'unfinished' mix for almost 2 years. I only have 3 songs in it, but I always wanted to continue and finish it, but I just didn't have anything that sounded good (to me) to continue the style along.

So today as I rode the subway and listened to it, I thought about all the Atomix users on here and how you might be able to keep the mix going and hopefully "finish" it.

Heres what I'd like to do.

I want to make a list of people who would like to try and continue the mix. Basically, when you send an email to me, you'll be added onto the list in the order the email is recieved.

The first person on the list will recieve my current mix. It will be the begining of the project. That first person will continue the mix by adding on 3 tracks of thier choosing. They will get a couple of days to listen and continue thier mix, with thier last track being played out to the end to allow the next person ample time to continue. Once they've added on thier 3 tracks, the new mix will be sent back to me, at which point, I will send it out to the next person on the list, and so on, and so on.

Restrictions?

You can mix in any music style you choose, but try to keep it flowing smoothly. If the last person left off on a 160bpm HiNRG style track, dont just cut it off and start playing a 90bpm love ballad. ;)

Think of it as relay mixing live in front of a crowd. You'r in line with a bunch of other DJs and each of you only get to put in 3 tracks, but of course, you dont know what thier gonna use till you've heard it. Maybe they were going at it with underground house beats. Hey, now you can throw in a house track of your own and try to change it to anthoer style. Its up to you once you receive the file, just keep it moving. :)

Interested? Just send an email to:

grimm@roadriders.no-ip.org

I'll send you a reply giving you your place in line. Remember, first come first serve. ;)

As I want to give people some time, I think I'll limit this to the first 10 people (if I get that many). Each person will get 2 days with the track, so the last person will have abit of a wait. If you get the track and decide you dont want to add on anything, dont have anything to add on to it, you can pass on your turn, but you wont be allowed back on. Hopefully if all goes well, we can release a finished track for all Atomix users. :)

Hope to get something going here!

Grimm

Posté Sat 17 May 03 @ 2:35 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Count me in

Jukesy

Posté Sat 17 May 03 @ 2:47 pm
Sounds very interesting. I'll mail you.

Posté Sat 17 May 03 @ 3:18 pm
Hey Coolboy, your mailbox is full. I'll try resending my email in a couple of hours.

Grimm

Posté Sat 17 May 03 @ 4:03 pm
HEY I"LL DO IT

xxnumbr1stunnrxx@hotmail.com

Posté Mon 19 May 03 @ 3:23 pm
how do you put your mix onto the track that you have received????
You let the received track play on your left deck and then mix the other songs to it????
Isn't that difficult when the original track starts growing???
Or am I completely wrong here?
(btw if it's techno, house or trance then I would like to join but only if it's not during my exams :o/)

GnoedeL

Posté Mon 19 May 03 @ 8:43 pm
Gnoedel you are right that the way (i presume) it will work

Posté Mon 19 May 03 @ 11:52 pm
Well, yes, the track will grow. The last person who mixed in thier 3 tracks will let the last track play out to its end. That way, the next person who recieves the track can start mixing in thier own track wherever they feel its best to do so.

As to what style it is, thats all up to the previous person. If they left off on a trance track, then you'll either need to pick it up with another trance track, or try to mix in something without making it sound like total crud. ;)

Like I said, think of it as if you were mixing live. You dont want to just pull the needle off the record and start playing a totally different style. You need to go with the flow and do your best to keep it moving. But once its in your hands, you can change it to a different style.

But you only get to put in 3 tracks. ;)

XxNuMbR1StUnNrxX, I haven't sent a email response yet. As to your preffered style of music, as I said, it all up to where the previous person left off. But not many have responded to this. So if anything, I guess you can pass your turn and try after someone else if you feel you dont have anything good to throw in where the last person before you left off. Either way, I'll send you an email later today. I think jukesy just downloaded my 3 tracks and might be working on it. Im curious to see what he adds on and where he takes it to. :)

Grimm

Posté Tue 20 May 03 @ 1:02 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)