Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet 16 Bits audio card or 24 Bits audio card ? Should we upgrade it ?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Does the 24 bits resolution sound card really have noticeable sound quality improvement from the outputs ?

Posté Wed 21 May 03 @ 7:20 am
The difference between a recording in 16 bits and same in 24 bits are of the same order as an image reproduced in 16 bits i.e. in thousands of colors and that reproduced of 24 bits we reach million colors. Thus the 24 bits from its resolution involves better a sound restitution.

Norm

Posté Wed 21 May 03 @ 8:00 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That's true, and you won't be able to playback those 24bit files in Atomix. Still, it's good to have a pro soundcard. You will notice a difference in sound quality even at 16bit.

Posté Thu 22 May 03 @ 6:19 pm
Thanks for the topics. But , i really know it`s better for who`s intend on recording something ( i mean, external sources, like vinnyl,etc. ). I actually have the sound blaster live 16 bits and it has great sound quality. I wouldn`t like to replace it because i think it can provides enought quality. Maybe you can notice that difference while recording at 48khz, but just playing songs, i don`t think that.

Posté Fri 23 May 03 @ 6:01 am
i think its all about what you are accustomed to. with a expensive card you might end up noticing no difference without expensive headphones or whatever. when doing mix cd or stream with atomix youll probably use the integrated recording/streaming so your soundcard won't matter in that case anyway.

so my advice, its probably good enough to stick with, and you are right.. wouldn't recommend ripping all your vinyls with any sound blaster.

Posté Sun 25 May 03 @ 1:29 am
You see my point. I`m actually using good Headphones. It`s the Bayerdynamic. The matter is : Atomix Really mix perfectly audio files (cda, Wav) and also mp3`s. Everyone knows that most people over here just mix mp3 files. It`s easier and nobody likes to get full their hard disks with Wav, etc. So my point is : 128 Kb/s it s crap. Using other ranges on encoding on mp3, just like 192 or higher, it`s better. If you compare any bitrate of mp3 (the higher / 320) it`s still far from the vinyl quality anyway. 16 bits audio card ( at least, a good brand of ), it`s good enought.

Posté Sun 25 May 03 @ 8:22 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)