Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Please give me a nam or link to a sound card.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

bcblairHome userMember since 2004
Posted Tue 27 Jan 04 @ 23:31:12

I am outputting to a strong stereo system. I I have mini jacks now and split and convert to RCA. Is there a better way. I have a Gateway 433 MHZ with the sound card as part of the motherboard.

The recommended card is

Sound Card:
3D PCI soundcard with WDM drivers

I have foung cards that are PCI and 3d but can't tell if they are WMD Drivers.

Can you give me alink to one or give me a name brand and model. I want a good one, but feel no need to waste money, if a cheap one will work and sound as good.

TIA

Posté Tue 27 Jan 04 @ 11:34 pm
Please post your question in one forum

Thanks

Coyote

Posté Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 2:18 am
MrMixitHome userMember since 2004
I haave found that running a two sound caard system gives you the most flexaiblity, however from a hardware perspective, it is the hardest to setup. I too am running the 1/8" mini stereo to RCA converter, but one goes to the amplifier and the other I use solely as a headphone/ preview. Good luck!

Posté Wed 11 Feb 04 @ 5:53 am

WMD drivers!?! thats only if you got da bomb trax!

i used a system like yours for ages. all you need is to get an extra PCI sound card, then you use your onboard sound as one card and the sound card as the other. you can run into some latency issues (one sound card may be a little off) but this is the cheapest route.

or you buy a 3D sound card, pretty much any will do. WDM drivers are the bog standard windows driver for a sound card.

Posté Wed 11 Feb 04 @ 9:27 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)