Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Stutter function

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Thought it was time to request this usefull feature again.
As former Numark user I have really missed this function for a long time. The function is on Numark CDN34, CDN88 and CDN90 (as I know off).. Noticed there are three diffirent play functions in VDJ that can be used; Play, Play_n_loop and Play_pause...
I would like to ad Play_stutter :)

When press "Play" it starts playing, and whenever you push "Play" again, it goes back to "Cue" AND playes the song, prefferably go back to last used "Cue".

I know you can gain that feature by using goto_cue using those buttons, but I would like to have "Stutter" on the play button.

Posté Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 5:11 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
like u said isnt that what Go_To_Cue is there for...

unless i'm wrong i think vdj already is capable of doing what u asked for (and more)... just set up ur keyboard shortcuts right.

Posté Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 5:19 pm
P for Play.. pressing P, plays song.. pressing P again.. hmm, strange nothing happends... now, if the function was available it should stutter, otherwise I wouldn't requst it.
You can't use a button for goto_cue for start playing a song, you have to use Play first, THEN using goto_cue. That isn't Stutter as I've requested. Press Play; it playes. Each time pressed Play, it stutters (going back to que AND plays) on the _same_ button.

Posté Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 4:35 pm
Antileon,
you could try a combined shortcut. First define a shortcut for the play function for example button "[", Then add a second shortcut also for button "[" but with action Goto cue.
If this isn't working you could try to change the order, firtst goto then play.
Good luck
Ewout

Posté Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 12:21 am
Thank you so much, that works, Superstorm! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Now, the thing is that it goes back to a fixed cue, goto_cue(1) for instance. This is a longshot, but are you able to go to, say last used CUE? I have set up several PLAY/goto_cue(x) buttons.. you normally don't use more than 2 or 3 cues on each tracks...

Sorry if I was rude in earlier posts.. :-|

Posté Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 10:10 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
antileon, you have to options:

1/ assign these two functions to the same shortcut key:
- deck controls > stop
- deck controls > play

As it may sound stupid, it actually does what u ask: stop function returns to the last cue used, and the play function naturally starts the track momentarily.

2/ If you prefer the CUE function (for example as it works on CDJ 100s) use the_
- deck controls > cue_stop

It will return to the cue if a song is playing,
it will set a cue if a song is paused, or
it will play a song as long as you hold it if a song was AT the cue point.

Regards,
erXon

Posté Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 11:50 am
*My heart jumps high*, however it goes to cue1, not last used... :-/

Posté Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 5:38 pm
You must be doing something wrong than..

I have keys from 1-9 assigned for "go to cue" and "play", and I've put the stop/play combination under "R" for testing. When I set for example the 3rd cue, and I press the "3" key it will play from there, and when I hit "R", it will go back to 3rd cue and continue playing. It does the same wherever I am on the track, except right on the 3rd cue. If the track is paused at 3rd cue (as last used) the "r" will return you to the beginning.

Please explain more on how you use the "cues", so we can search for a solution :)

Posté Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 7:48 pm
Ah, yeah I get you. Ive got as far as you describe.
I got J for goto_cue1 and play, K for goto_cue2 and play, L for goto_cue3 and play. P is stop/play. (O is stop)
when pressing P (for instance if you have the setting AUTO CUE = ON, it still starts from the beginning.
There isn't a way to bypass that aswell?

Posté Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 5:47 pm
I don't understand how it doesn't work for you:

"STOP function stops the song, and goes BACK TO THE LAST CUE POINT". It's how it works, no other setting such as Auto CUE should affect it.

Are you absolutely sure you mapped the right function to the key? Fill in some more info.

Unless there is an option that disables cycling through cues on stop (which i don't know about), it should work.

erXon

Posté Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 1:45 pm
hmm.. :)

Ok, here's my list of keyboard shortcuts, in order.

[P] STOP
[P] PLAY
[O] STOP
/--/
[J] goto_cue1
[J] play
[K] goto_cue2
[K] play
[L] goto_cue3
[L] play

don't think the rest of my keyboard shortcuts is relevant... Hope you can figure something up.. please share your setup of shortcuts if you'd like.

Posté Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 7:16 pm
It all looks ok... I've got the same configuration, just other keys.

Tell me what happens, when you press "K", and then "O"? Does it return you to the first cue, or to the 2nd?

Oh! Try to look through the settings, if any other function is mapped to the "P" key! That could be a problem!

By the way, if you have MSN messenger we could work faster on this.
(My address is in my blog)

Regards,
erXon

Posté Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 10:17 pm
I've added you now.

Posté Sat 20 Aug 05 @ 10:50 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)