Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet screen size

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ok just bought vdj and i`m in the process of building a console,just wonderin what size of screen (15", 17" ect) you guys use and recomend, it will be purely music i`m mixin no video, looking to keep it as compact as posible but still usable

Posté Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 3:36 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can get away with the 15" if you use the right skin, but if it was me; I would get nothing less than a 17". Also, make sure the monitor can handle resolutions higher than 1024x768, at minimum 1280x1024.

Posté Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 7:50 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i currently use a 21" iiyama monitor that can handle 1200x1600 easily but unfortunatley there dont seem to be many if any at all skins that use this size. oh and its crt not lcd, im not loaded! cant afford 1000 on a monitor!

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 1:39 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think 15' LCD works great, I don't feel the need for anything bigger, infact having a supersized display might look a tad bad, your only controling VDJ, and unless you need to stand very far from the screen i'd favour a 15' inch screen over any size for laptops and desktops, although on a desktop I think 17' is still ok..

But I do think it would look a bit unproffesional to see a DJ looking into a large screen, because it's not needed, bigger is not always better with screensize in general (imo), it's nothing but a marketing strategy to lead you to think you have to buy a bigger size or you'll one day lose your pride when you have guests to your house, pointless if you ask me..

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 12:07 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
He's right, he's right you know......

Samsung 15" here, plenty big, even too big somethings.
I lose sight of the floor at times.

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 3:23 pm
I use an ACER 19" LCD, it can be had from tigerdirect.com for $249.

Posté Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 7:09 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)