Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Rotation list

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I was previewing PCDJFX today and was really impressed with the rotation list for Karaoke where you just type the persons name and click the song they want to sing and it ads both to the rotation list.
then once the song is loaded it turns red to let you know you can remove it from the rotation.
it will also display the next up name and song title after each song is displayed, and even play after a user defined pause.
How hard would it be to add these features to Virtual DJ?

Posté Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 2:53 am
I asked for this a long time ago. Maybe as a seperate plugin. And maybe now you can have seperate seach windows with it. One for karoake, one for mp3's (requests) and one for videos. All with different librarys.

Posté Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 4:20 am
yeah, i was lookng at the exact same thing, but it didnt play any of my .kar files...
wat files does virtualdj use? and how can i use my .kar files with virtualdj?????

Posté Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 6:06 am
Good idea ..
think it was just forgotten :)
Will bring it on to Dev Team

Posté Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 12:39 pm
Here's another good plug-in idea, I'm sure someone has probably mentioned before.
It would be great if there were an option that allowed you to printout a song book for Karaoke songs after sorting by artist or song title similar to excell, if VDJ had that and the rotation list feature I think the only way you could improve it for Karaoke is to have it come pre-packaged with a large audience. :):)

Posté Sat 20 Aug 05 @ 4:06 pm
brennan11
VDJ currently is capable of playing mp3+cdg files only. I tested it and it works very good.

Search the net if you like to know some more of the mp3+cdg format.
Ewout

Posté Sun 21 Aug 05 @ 2:32 pm
elite1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I agree that the Rotation (Singer List) List is a great feature. I have used it too and can load all of the singers in my rotation and then it simply goes down the list and autoloads each singer once the previous one is finished.

Actually, thinking about this, you can use the playlist to accomplish a similar thing. Just load the songs that your singers give you in the order of your rotation and it should load them for you just as PCDJKJ does. The only thing that would be different, and a nice addition to VDJ would be the ability for the song to load and then the singers name to appear on the screen prior to your starting the playback so they can see onscreen who is next.

Key changer is a must for karaoke too!

Posté Sun 21 Aug 05 @ 6:35 pm
I agree, the tempo slider is not sufficient for changing keys, it would be nice to have a key up and down feature that allowed for a steady tempo.
and I guess the playlist could be used for keeping the songs in order, but I like the rotation list from pcdj because you can set it up to auto play or wait for imput from you before playing, as well as being able to type the name of the singer and click the song title in the record case and the program keeps track of who is singing next, and what song thay are singing and has it loaded and ready for play automaticly.
I hope the guy at VDJ can get a similar feature with still keeping the duel players, I think PCDJ only has one player for karaoke tracks.

Posté Sun 21 Aug 05 @ 7:18 pm
elite1, your observation about the playlist was dead-on, I decided to play with it a little after reading your last post, and sure enough it is almost exactly what the doctor ordered. If it had the abilty to automatically display the next singer and song title when the song playing stops i would like it even better then the PCDJ version since VDJs playlist delets the song from the play list once it is loaded.
The more I play with this program the more impressed I get. thanks for the heads up.

Posté Sun 21 Aug 05 @ 8:17 pm
Key change is only important for those singers which choose to sing songs out of there range. I can't remember ever using key at an event.

Posté Sun 21 Aug 05 @ 11:10 pm
every event. a key change is requested at every event. I use the plug in.

Posté Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 3:45 am
Can someone who is in the know let me know if there are any plans by the development team to incorperate such a rotation list feature into the software? As well as a key change feature, I have an opertunity to purchase PCDJ at about half the regular price from a friend, but I like the simplicity of VDJ better.
The playlist feature has been working well sence this thresd was originaly started, I would just like to see the next up automatically displayed on the screen when a song is finished.

Posté Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 3:22 pm
Don't waste your money just for the singers list. I own FX and karaoke and never use it. Ever. If you really want a singers list while maybe something is in dev. here (although note pad works fine for me) check out sax and dotty. very cheap and works well along side vdj.

Posté Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 4:02 pm
Guys,

Sounds like this could work if a plug in was created for video text. Tell me what you think about this.

You would have a small window with lines of text. Each line would be a separate entry. As each Karaoke song auto loads from the playlist, the lines of text which would be the singer's names would load from the list from top to bottom. This text would show on the video window for a few seconds at the begining of each karaoke track and maybe also flash for a couple of seconds with a certain time remaining at the end of the track. The text could be in different colors, etc.

A plug-in like that would work, I think. Now just find someone that could create it. :)

Killabee44

Posté Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 5:00 pm
The way PCDJ works is you just type the persons name when thay give you their slip or request and then click on the song thay want to sing from your database and the two are then linked and are loaded automatically in order, at the end of each song the next song is loaded and the singers name is displayed on the screen with the next up caption until the KJ hits play.
I only do karaoke so this feature is very important to me.

Posté Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 6:13 pm
I would love a rotation manager! RoxBox has the BEST karaoke player by FAR!!! Take some of the RoxBox features and incorporate them into VDJ and there would be no other DJ software that could even come close to VDJ!

Posté Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 7:45 pm
Well, should I inturpret the lack of an answer as a no?
I don't know how long this new deal on the PCDJ will last, RoxBox is an option I havent tried yet, but with my limited need of features I really would rather not have 3 different softwares to do the same thing.
sence I have already purchased VDJ I would rather stick with that one.

Posté Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 1:56 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)