Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Lock the mouse

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Guys...
I think a function wich can lock the mouse would be great... sometimes, when I play aloud... the mouse starts to move, I don't like the play-button on my hercules, so I use the built-in mouse in my laptop as a play button (move the cursor, or what it's called, to the play button.. WITH the extern mouse) then I just hit the button and play the next song... but I don't really like the built-in mouse to load songs... I prefer the extern mouse for that. The only problem is that it moves with the bass...//So IF it's possible to lock the mouse and "unlock" it with a keyboard-shortcut... (when I say lock I mean that u still can click with it, but not move it)

Dj Cash

Posté Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 3:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yeeeesss ..please LOCK the mouse.

I agree. I use Hercules and in order not to move mouse with that thing i put GLUE on it !!!!

Posté Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 12:32 am
do you mean the stick in the middle of the console??

use the Hercule mapper (green alien head in system tray) and uncheck the "DJ mouse"

In fact, you can rather use it for scratch :) by enable that in vdj

Posté Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 2:32 am
maybe he meant the stick, but I mean the mouse u connect to the computer.. -a normal computer-mouse...

Posté Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 5:31 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Don't get me wrong,
but let me "rephraze" the original post title: "kill the mouse" or .."get rid of the mouse"
What i mean is, you can't do anything serious with it, it is not designed for this job, and it is not even good looking, nor the professional way... a dj with the mouse.
At least use keyboard shortcuts, buy an "old style" (with big F keys) keyboard, if you are in a laptop, it is 1000x times better than pressing play/cue/stop with the mouse.

A mouse is just a mouse..
Have you ever seen a (...real) mouse not moving ?

btw. i'm a "known" mouse-hater.. on this forum !

Posté Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 6:44 pm
@mousekiller... wuups, I mean @apopsis

I totally agree with you... I havn't tried the shortcuts yet... I will try it soon, maybe later..
but if I want to change song (go over from one deck to another..) I use the crossfader and then want to play the next song... (not before crossfading) will VDJ pause the song or play the song I wan't to hear..??

Posté Sat 17 Sep 05 @ 11:48 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
lock mouse, lock keyboard, lock program.

Posté Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 9:50 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
just make a shortcut for each individual deck. why are you here moaning about something you can allready do? who gives a monkies if the mouse moves you shouldnt be using it for anything other than changing songs anyway, and preferably not even that.

Posté Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 10:20 pm
man, I think i posted this for about 8 or 9 moths ago...
and lock that guy from this site.. he's using a illegeal version of VDJ... (Not you Xeo, the guy over your post...)

Posté Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 7:25 pm
locking the program is not something that can be done.
Supposing can leave ur station and tell people not to touch your stuff but some drunk does it anyway when ur not there. They can press anything and that can mess ur ish up.

Before u leave the program a good Ctrl+Scroll Lock to lock the program can be helpful. That way u know when u get back the program is exactly as it was when u left it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cash there's no expiry date on posting in this site that prevents me to post. u originally posted this thread in Sept 05. i was just going thru past post and upping features that sound good. and this happened to be one of them.
nothing about my post says im using an illegal version of VDJ. nothing about anything about any of my posts does either. as a matter of fact i stopped using this program a long time ago.

ive never asked u or anyone for serials.

u need to stop worrying about another man. anyone can ask or back any feature they want. how does what i post prevent u from mixing?

Posté Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 8:58 pm
as a matter of fact this in the black, rather hip-hop, community is called snitching. doing it on a messege board is str8 up dry-snitch without shame lol. even worse ur snitching on the wrong person. i dont have the software and i use a public computer to make my posts.

maybe u just mad im archimedes compared to you.

Posté Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 8:06 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
its a stupid idea, lock program mite be good tho..........................

Posté Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 2:15 am
ok ok sorry man... but lock the program..??
I don't think it's a good feature... but maybe a password for entering the software..?

I don't think it's a good idea beacuse no one is so stupid.. it's not many vdj's who let the computer just be there and no one is "taking care of it" (if not automix is enabled..)

Posté Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 8:23 pm
this is not really a priority feature. with windows, a good Ctrl+Alt+Del can lock your computer anyways. its just sometimes one doesnt want to openly act so stuck up their your stuff and want to lock your ish.

for those of you who have gigs u know there's always that one dude who thinks he knows how to mix. or maybe he even knows how to use vdj and thinks pressing something, when ur not arround, on the keyboard can save you but u might have ur keyboard shortcuts to something else and pressing something can completely f- up the flow.

Posté Tue 21 Mar 06 @ 1:23 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)