Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Recording Your Own Broadcast on 1 Computer

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK, I changed the name since I got no response on this same post. Mods please delete my other one. Here's my setup. TCV's with booth/record output from mixer going to a soundblaster SB Live soundcard. The problem is that it's also from that soundcard that I broadcast. So when I broadcast and try and record a strange thing happens to the recorded file. It appears normal when loading in VDJ but the gain indicator on VDJ is blank. No numbers. The files seems like it's playing OK but no sound comes from it.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Posté Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 8:23 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
as far as i know you can't broadcast you line in and record at the same time. I was thinking the same idea and my recorder gives me an error of line already in use. The easiest thing i can think of is just a another cheapo card.

Posté Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 10:07 pm
yeah...might not be possible on same card. I guess I would have to split the booth out with a y splitter and go to another soundcard. Maybe just the onboard laptop one. Thanks.

Posté Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 4:56 pm
your mixer should have a REC and Booth you can use both as so a split is not needed

Posté Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 5:38 pm
no just two outputs. master and rec/booth. denon x300.

Posté Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 8:54 pm
yeah thats what i mean...REC is one and master is two.

Posté Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 9:41 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
So we're saying to record the LINE OUT from your soundcard back onto the PC, you'll need TWO sound cards?

I also want to record mixes. But, I have to record from my audio mixer as I have no midi to control VDJ's crossfader.

Posté Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 10:48 pm
The master needs to go to the amp so I can hear what I'm mixing. I think it can be accomplished by a splitter and another soundcard but I'm a little afraid that may jeopardize the quality of the broadcast feed.

idj4u, i'm in the same boat using TCV's. I do have an onboard sound card so maybe if I use the line out from the soundcard I might be able to do that. I'm looking at it now, wtf is SPDIF OUT. It's an RCA jack so I'm guessing that's it. The other ports are 1/8 computer plugs that say front, rear and sub they might work too. I'll have to fiddle around with it.

That's going to be using 3 soundcards. Maya for the tcv's, SB Live for the broadcast and the onboard for recording. Hmmm

Posté Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 11:18 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
djej,

In fact you can record with your Sound Blaster too. Use "Record what is listenig" option.

I notice something wrong. You could use REC OUT of your mixer and use the Line-IN in the SoundBlaster and use the front speaker OUT of the sound blaster to broadcast.

Everything will work just fine.

Posté Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 5:47 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)