Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet global database? Use ???

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi I see the global database option . it appears to search napster for the song availablity.

It then prompts me for napster login. Is this different from Napster light login?

Is this only for the 9.99 (US DOLLAR) membership?

Also, what list does this search (i search "HOw did you know" From Mynt) and it lists the song,
However when i search using napster for this same song , nothing comes up. Very strange.

when i enter the login info in VDJ, it just says error on the CASE PLAYER.

HELP

Posté Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 6:57 pm
can someone who has a napster account try it?

Posté Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 11:03 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
it only works with a napster membership, not with napster light

Posté Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 1:36 am
could you elaborate on how to use it? Does it download the files automatically? Where do the files get downloaded to?
Does it work with napster togo membership too??

Posté Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 4:06 am
when are we gonna get a limewire plugin?

now that would be useful! :)

Posté Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 10:20 am
@defstaff:
it works with lite membership too, but only load the 30 second preview
but there's a BUG: when the 30 seconds are about to end (28 second) vdj hangs in a loop.
I am going thru proxy and there's firewall here not allowing direct connection.
If I pause or loop the song before the end it's okay.

Posté Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 11:05 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
If you've got a napster or napster togo membership, you can play any music directly in streaming from the internet (provided you have an internet connection of course).
We might add a compatibility with Yahoo Music Unlimited! also in the next version for those of you who have a yahoo subscription and don't want to change.

Posté Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 1:33 pm
I would also like an option to remove this database from my explorer view. I will not use this database so I would like to remove it.
Ewout

Posté Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 6:15 pm
First the video features and now Napster and Yahoo music integration? Are you serious. Who does Atomix poll when deciding what new features get the priority? Am I the only one who sees a problem here?

Posté Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 8:33 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Where is any enable/disable switch in settings or registry for global database?
I don't want it in my explorer...

Posté Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 12:43 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@ anewsome ...Financial interests my friend.

Posté Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 12:45 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
mate its been said time and time again. if updates are free and weve all got it, they are not getting any money from us anymore, hence the fact our oppinion does not matter. what they will try to do is find new markets. adding napster and video and dmx lighting and karraoke and vis generating and effects adn adn adn adn all these other things realy brings the point home that this is not meant to a dedicated hardcore DJ product but a jack of all trades with its finger in as many pies as it can posibly do to get the most new users paying for a licence.

incase you hadnt guessed i think the current licencing is silly lol : P

Posté Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 12:55 am
ok, back to my issue here. i search a song. i see it in the list. i enter my naster light account info and then i drag to the player and all i see is error. an idea?

Posté Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 4:19 am
i think i figured it out. when i look at the icon next to the song name, some have a yellow $ next to them. these i get an error on (perhaps the lack of full napster account). Yet some of the others have a blue ? sign next to them. What is the difference. These i can play for 30 secs, yet the $ ones i cant play....

Posté Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 4:26 am
no pay - no play :-) just set show only free music in browser in the settings and you won't get confused by theese payonly songs.
The other are free 30sec previews i think you can buy them for 99cent

Posté Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 10:26 am
Please Either REMOVE NAPSTER or allow us to disable it...

Posté Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 10:30 pm
@support staff

Will i be able to login to my Yahoo Music Unlimited account from within VDJ in version 3.4?

Posté Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 11:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)