Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Anyone have a M-audio 410 delta soundcard out there

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

If so what are your settings? Independant? Latency? VDJ Settings. Other stuff. I can't get rid of skipping (once every 7 minutes about give or take) although very slight most of the time on my system. I am about to put my gigaport back and see if it goes away with the different soundcard but paid a good amount for this card and can't return it so I'd love to use it. With videos and the new video card the system is running videos at 5% and its working great. I turned about every background ap off and tweaked everything I can tweak. Just wondering. In VDJ I am set to M Delta 410 Multi in 4.1 mode. Anything else sounds bad. I am so close with this system. Just this last thing and as you have all told me, IT WILL FLY!!!

Posté Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 5:58 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
If it is the 410 pci version, maybe try to change pci slot, just an idea.
If you have the firewire, read this (i wrote it first thinking about the fw-410)
-----------------
First advice, download the latest driver if you havn't already.
And as this is a firewire card be sure you have disabled all network adapters, on your gig computer, because firewire often has problem with them.
Set the sample rate clock at 44.1, in control panel.
I had to setup this card for a friend's computer, he is a keyboard player and wanted to play vst instruments, and i think he has some simillar problems when lowering the latency.
Are you trying the advanced setup in vdj ? try asio low latency (bypass TC), just to see if skipping is gone.
Good luck.

Posté Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 12:52 pm
Its a PCI card. Tried a different slot to no prevail. I have tried all and I keep getting skips. Afte testing for hours on end here is what I have discovered so far:

Sound will skip every 5-7 minutes. Sometimes some skips are worse than others. Sometimes it is more like a very brief half second of garbled music. If I work the VDJ program hard (max out resources) it skips only if there hasn't been a skip in a few minutes. Then if I keep working the system hard it won't skip until I let it rest.

I tried asio usb drivers for the gigaport on this new system and got the same issue but with a more noticable skip. Not a conflict there or with moving ports. So I went back to the delta. Something internally is going this.

Cyder mentioned either bad ram or ram timing. I went into bios and saw the section for ram timing. I chicked out on opening it because it was set to automatic and I would have no idea wht I am doing there.

I have a call into a tech guy a friend of mine knows and will see if he has suggestions. Can something in the background maybe be causing this. There is system sharing but this has been there from the get go. I think I fix it and it's back. I don't want to start fresh because there is no system disc to use. This system was built for me.

I still have system restore on. Norton running. I'll have to keep troubleshooting. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know..

:)

Posté Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 6:04 pm
It can be something about the pci bandwich, it happens sometimes when you use powerfull graphic cards.
Also by default windows and bios give very low priority to the soundcard compared to video card. Let me search tomorrow, there is a utility to change this.

In the meantime, check your bios for something like "PCI Latency timer" there are chances to fix your problems with this (if exist)
If it is 0 try a value like 32 or more (and via versa)
Also go to the system properties in windows (advanced->performance->...)
and check adjust best performance for background services (default is : programs)
asio drivers are working as background services.

Posté Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 2:15 am
HI apopsis. Thank you for the help. Only issue is in my troubleshooting I tried a gigaport (usb powered) and same issue. I unplugged my keyboard, usb mouse, tried just about anything. Disabled internets. You name it. Unistalling and reinstalling drivers. I have wasted so much time trying to find the issue. My support time with Les ended (Cyder knows him, he reccomended him to me to buy this system.) From the time I got it it was buggy. The sound blip sound like something is conflicting with the sound for a sec then it's beautiful again.

I really have to aviod a full reinstall. Maybe Les can send me a disc of whats on there though. I'll hope this tech guy who a friend of mine called for me calls back. The screen is even blinking again. Only once though when I open VDJ (so far) This thing is just cursed!

I do have conflicts tha i don't like and don't know how to get rid of. There is a lot of sharing going on but I managed to get the video card and audio card on it's own irq. If you didn't see my other posts I have a 2 space rack. Riser card with 1 pci express in the middle and 2 pci slots. Not much room to roam. And the folliwng specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name OWNER-TK53TWJRU
System Manufacturer RS480_
System Model AWRDACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 31 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1800 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 3/3/2005
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:WINDOWS
System Directory C:WINDOWSsystem32
Boot Device DeviceHarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name OWNER-TK53TWJRUOwner
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.36 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.35 GB
Page File C:pagefile.sys

I'll post my IRQ updates:

IRQ 0 System timer OK
IRQ 1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard OK
IRQ 4 Communications Port (COM1) OK
IRQ 6 Standard floppy disk controller OK
IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 17 Realtek AC'97 Audio OK ( I tried to disable this but it doesn't matter either way)
IRQ 18 NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT OK
IRQ 19 Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller OK
IRQ 19 Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller OK
IRQ 19 Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller OK
IRQ 20 Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC OK
IRQ 21 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK
IRQ 21 VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller OK
IRQ 22 M-Audio Delta 410 OK

Conflicts/sharing

I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 PCI bus
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 Direct memory access controller

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

Memory Address 0xF4000000-0xFBFFFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
Memory Address 0xF4000000-0xFBFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

Memory Address 0x0000-0x0FFF Motherboard resources
Memory Address 0x0000-0x0FFF System board

IRQ 21 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
IRQ 21 VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xDFFFFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xDFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

IRQ 19 Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
IRQ 19 Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
IRQ 19 Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI bus
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

VDJ is running around 2% for songs, 4% for karaoke and 7% for videos. Just can't get the bugs out. Maybe a can of raid will work? I still have system restore goin in the background with n vidia, winfox, norton antivirus

Posté Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 4:54 am
Just and FYI I looking in bios and saw 2 things but don't want to change them without advice...

PCI Latency Timer(CLK) Min is 0 Max is 255. It is currently set to 64.

And

PCI Express Payload Size.

I can choose 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048 or 4096. Currently 4096 is checked...

Posté Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 5:18 am
It's safe to try PCI Latency Timer, try 0, 16, 32, 128...
If you can't see any diference leave it to default.

I'm trying to find a saved webpage i should have somewhere... with lots of information.
The utility i was refering is powerstrip. Most settings are about video card, but there is an option to change the default timing for every installed card, and give some priority to soundcard.
I'm also suspecting the riser card.
Can you open the case and install without it ? just to try.

Posté Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 1:09 pm
I moved the latency in the bios to 128 and will try it out. I doubt it is the riwser card becuase this is new and the last riser card that did not take advantage of the pcie also had a skip. I'll keep testing and thank you so much for the help....

Posté Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 3:45 pm
In the m audio setting tool there is a spot for mda buffer size latency. I have moved this all the way up to 2048 without a difference but do I have to move teh bios settings to match this? I am matched right now at 256 and it does skip but a bit less noticable (so far) This issue is such a pain becuase it is like every five minutes or so. I have the stopwatch running to try to track times...

Posté Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 4:30 pm
didn't make a difference. i want to chuck this computer out a window right now so i'm stepping away. i'll have to go back to the laptop and rebuild it becuase i have a gig friday and a lot in december. my monitor is even blinking again. this is just not ready.

Posté Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 4:59 pm
i have played 10 snogs in windows media player without a one skip. HOWEVER... I did manage to make the video card freeze again. I see the mouse move and the screen will not change. I am able to run backgrounds. Should I RMA this card or does someone think it's my system? I do not have another pcie system to test this on.

Posté Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 5:33 pm
well if you can still see your mouse move and can run background applications then its definatelly not the video card. Might actually be something else that freezes VDJ.

Posté Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 5:40 pm
does anyone know what. the entire screen freezes. not just vdj, it did not do this before i changed cards.

btw it froze for about 10 minutes

Posté Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 5:45 pm
does it ever come back after 10 mins? or do you have to restart the PC???

One thing I would definatelly check would be the CPU temperature. My PC sometimes freezes up if the CPU is running high.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 6:01 pm
gpu core temp is 57c and ambiant temp is 44c. the fan was off. does it go on at a certain temp? i turn it on and set it to 80 speed. maybe that was it? also lowered to medium color for now.

Posté Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 6:19 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
VantineDJ,

Use Reactivity in MEDIUM and let me now how it works. (VDJ->Config->General->Reactivity).

Posté Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 10:01 pm
tried that also before and same issue except the algorhythms are more choppy. i finally got the music to skip with windows media player. but i had to really work the computer to do it. i had the images going to the music and went full screen back to regualr screen. that might not be considered an issue though becuase it does kill the resources. my screen howver did blink again. not freeze though.

Posté Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 10:07 pm
You must "isolate" the problem.
This is the gold rule.
M-audio card is out of question, its one of the best solutions for the job you need it.
If i were you, as i always have some older computer parts, i'd try to replace and test until to find the bad...
Here we go:
graphic card
pci raiser (try without it)
memory
sata hard disk ? try parallel ?
hard disk controller ?
Your antivirus (turn off)

But as you have a gig soon, let this litle ..buster alone
and better setup your laptop again.
Start to worry again after the gig, this is my other advice..

Posté Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 3:30 am
Thanks Aposis.

I have already begun going back to old reliable (laptop). I'll also keep testing until I find te bad egg. i have just been trying this though different posts. The first thing I do need to fix and noone can give me an answer (I am waiting for a tech to get back to me) has anyone ever seen first a blink in the screen and eventually a screen that would totally freeze in place, like someone hits pause on a remote, but you are able to move the mouse curser around. Programs continue as normal. As a matter of fact I am able to start and stop music from my dac-2 audio controller and actually able to estimate where programs are on the screen and close them or open them with the mouse. Everything continues as normal I just can't see anything but what has been frozen in time. I search the net for about four hours on google, annoyance.com, yahoo, dogpile, I can't find this happening to anyone.... There is also no real rhyme or reason to it happening, very random, but I must be doing something graphically (with a picture) a music video, a display graphic, Leadtek offered me no help. I thought I had fixed the issue when I did a search for any of my old ATI drivers on the system and used a removal tool to get rid of them. Worked fine for hours and hours. No issues until I restarted and it came back again. Anyone see this before? I can try to isolate the music skipping later..

Per Cyders advise I went with a GT6600 and a PCI Express riser card with two pci's on either side. It was very easy to install. I am going to try to rest them again. Take the memory down to 1 gig. Test the sticks... A little at a time I guess..

Posté Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 6:23 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)