Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet mv-db.com

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK, I'll bite.
I'm surprised noone has asked what mv-db.com is (from the little checkbox in the RipDVD program.)
So Either I'm the only one who doesn't know, or noone else noticed it, or everyone else was afraid to ask.
The webserver at that domain simply has links to VDJ, AtomixMP3 and DJ-Box.
I'm guessing that it is some kind of database of chapter names for various DVD's, but for me it doesn't seem to do anything. Perhaps it is a future deliverable? If so and you developers need a program that dynamically finds all of Promo Only's track names for a gven disc, I have one you are free to use. I would post it in my blog, but I am guessing PromoOnly might not like it, and might take steps to keep my program from successfully retrieving the track info from ther site, and then I would have to enter all the names by hand.

Posté Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 2:09 am
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm considering connecting my Gig Rig to the web to attempt to use this as I begin ripping to a new system.

Is the current video DB in 3.2 NOT retrieving this info????

I've been reading about the ability to utilize the P/O database to correctly, and completely identify, and name, tracks as you rip.

I doubt seriously that P/O would have any concern if their DB is used for this purpose. They provide 2 formats for your databasing of their product, both for free. One is a spreadsheet type and the other includes Filemaker Pro 6.0 as a viewer and sorting aid only.

I Would Appreciate A Simple Way To "Get-R-Done".

Posté Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 3:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
speaking of RIPDVD, it's a great opportunity to say a few things about it. We all have a way to rip DVDs. There are several ways to do this with a lot of feautures and great resolution results. So the question is....
What for does a PROFFESIONAL DJ need a RIPDVD for?

to Rip "The Lord of the Rings?"... I guess not.

He needs it to rip DVD albums of some artists, concerts etc, and create Video Clips. Is that correct?.
Now please answer me this. How the h..l can i rip a DVD Album into mpg or avi, or whatever and i have no possibility to rip into several separate files according songs (meaning each song a separate file)?
I f you rip the whole DVD in to single (huge) file (mpg or avi) then you have to dedicate several hours to edit the video file, which means a job of the previous century.
We have to move forward looking ahead not back VDJ Team . Sorry for this but if you want to give us a new feature please be free to ask from users their opinion. We ask some thing in new feautures forum, but you should do the same thing i suppose. Who knows, we might even save some money and some time for you.

Over and out

Posté Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 5:27 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
djdad,

Obviously you didn't work with videos. I ripp it with smart ripper v 2.41, it splits all the Music videos for me, and also could separate the audio source I want to use (LPCM or AC3 2 Channels). A full DVD takes about 10 min to get fully ripped into my hard disk.

Video is good, but audio must be first.

When you use TCVs and VIDEO, it's amazing. Sure it's a big plus. No doubts.

Posté Sat 03 Dec 05 @ 7:17 pm
@acw_dj
i think one of us is talking about something else. I talk about the DVD Ripper included VirtualDJ Ver3.2. Does this DVDRipper separates files while ripping the DVD, or did i miss anything?
I was not talking about SmartRipper which does a blilliant job.

RipDVD of VDJ not does file separation, but also it does not load a DVD Folder.

Posté Sun 04 Dec 05 @ 12:39 am
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Dad,

Are you a VJ?

The ripper provided is designed specifically to rip individual MUSIC VIDEOS chapters off the appropriately designed MUSIC VIDEO service's DVD into V.O.B. files, specifically for use as playback with VDJ.

Any other use (that works) is just a bonus.

I'm SURPRISED no one has responded to the database questions!

Posté Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 10:42 pm
ok
let's make it clear. I have for example a DVD with the best Video Clips of George Michael. The DVD contains among others 18 video clips. Four or five different vob files are in the DVD. Each chapter (Video Clip) is not a separate VOB file.
So i need to have in my HD an mpg or avi or vob file for EACH song.

Question 1. Does the above job the DVD Ripper included in VDJ v3.2?

Question 2. If you have copied the DVD into a DVD Folder into your HD (for better speed), does the DVD Ripper read from DVD folder ?

Posté Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 12:51 am
I'd like to know if the mv-db.com is a data source to eliminate the need to manually enter titles etc. I just ordered 14 DVDs from PO, and need to use them at a gig on 2/22/06 so I have some ripping ahead of me. The DVDs should arrive on 2/16 so time is an issue.

I plan on ripping to vob for speed as well as quality. I can type, but would like to avoid it if necessary! (der)

Posté Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 3:41 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)