Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet Best way to interface to external lights

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

deludedPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Evening all!

I've been working on a little USB controlled box which has a load of LEDS in it, and can be used to create any colour of the spectrum, and has a load of ultra bright white LEDs for a strobe effect. Whilst it's not bright enough for club use, it should do the job nicely for us bedroom DJs.

I want to get VDJ working with it, but am unsure which type of plugin would be best to use.

As far as I can tell, I could use a DSP plugin which gives me everything I need, except that you would have to enable it on both channels for it to work properly.

The other option is a video plugin, but I don't want to have a video screen window open for it to work.

Ideally VDJ would be able to call my plugin as a DSP effect with the final mixed output audio data, but I can't figure anyway of doing this.

Any ideas???

Posté Fri 16 Dec 05 @ 8:31 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i only see one way: a sound effect but as you said you have to use two plugins, one for each deck

Posté Fri 16 Dec 05 @ 8:36 pm
could you make that usb box trigger lights by DMX channel commands?

If so, VDJ got built in support for DMX - and you might get the little thing to work :)

Posté Fri 16 Dec 05 @ 9:23 pm
I thought about that, but as far as I know DMX is RS232 serial based (or at least rs232 over usb). Not sure how I would make it work other than make my usb device look like a dmx thing.

Might do a bit more research into DMX though..

Posté Fri 16 Dec 05 @ 10:26 pm

Posté Sat 17 Dec 05 @ 8:28 am
The DMX way does look the best way to go, but can't see any way on vdj of setting up hardware settings etc...

I think I read somewhere that it only works with certain devices.. However, making my box dmx compatable would seem rather sensible...

Posté Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 11:01 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm also working on something like this at the moment. What i'm building is a USB based 4ch Light Sequencer/Controller (220v) + 8 220v on/off switches to control other effects. The sequencer uses DC controlled dimmers.

To controll it all i'm working on a special plugin for VDJ.

I looked a lot at DMX first but decied to go DC controlled since DMX dimmer packs are really expensive.

Posté Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 11:19 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)