Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet preview song already playing

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

It would be nice to have the ability to right click on a position in the song that's already loaded on the desk and have it open a "listen" window and have it start playing at the position that you clicked on the song. This would be really useful if you don't remember how the song ends or something and you want to get the next mix ready. It shouldn't be too difficult because it's not anything VDJ can't do already, it just saves time by making it so you don't have to find the song in the browser and locate the right position.

What do you think?

Posté Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 7:43 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Steven, you read my mind.
There are so many times that I have wanted t be able to do that. To get around it though, I generally just load the same song into the other deck do listen. That is a pain though because then i have to unload whatever I had in there already and then search for and load it back in when I'm done.

That would be a very nice feature.

Posté Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 4:47 pm
Yeah, there are a lot of things that you can do by loading the same song on the other desk, but yes, it would be a lot easier not to have to do that.

It would also be nice to be able to see the wave form of the song when you preview, but for now having it just open a "listen" window will help.

Posté Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 7:42 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
thats what decks C and D with simple commands to paste a song,position,tempo,key etc etc from another deck would kick ass for, this has been discussed before. also the idea to allow the user to pre listen ahead 32 or 16 beats to hear how a breakdown will go was also mentioned, id post the links but i cant remember myself where they are. interesting points were raised in the 'new ideas for the rythm window' and 'advanced functionality of preview' or something. there are tons of ideas sitting in the forum archives that have not been developed uppon.

it may be a coincidence but alot of new dj software has developed some of these very ideas.

Posté Thu 29 Dec 05 @ 4:45 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Steven725 write a very good idea, Virtual DJ team please insert this function and please modify the pre-listen via browser and insert a little box near the search bar to direct select in the browser the song by left click and click play on a button, the search bar is too long.
The right click on a song and listen is not so easy now and not configurable via shortcuts or via skin.
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/4127/immagine30qm.jpg
Please see the traktor image and make the same.
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1292/traktordjstudio3lg5wp.jpg

Posté Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 12:48 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)