Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet This program ROCKS !!!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have heard (Read) some of the horror stories about crashes w/ VDJ but I gotta tell ya...I have had VDJ running for over 60 hours straight ( YES I SAID SIXTY HOURS STRAIGHT) and I have not run across a problem yet !!!

I am analysing my music the slow way. I put like 18000 songs in the Automix section and let it go. It has been running for well over 60 hours now and is still going.

I'm sticking w/ Virtual DJ.

By the way.... How often do updates, patshes and improvements come out? Also, when is this big improvement on the sound engine and TCV gonna be released?

DJ CITY

Posté Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 9:21 pm
good to hear ;) And totally agree with you... thats why I choose VDJ as as well.. This software DOES rock ;) for damn sure.. hehe

VDJ is updated quite frequently, hard to say exactly how often, but Dev Team is for sure doing a good job listening to features and improvements users want...

The next update is a BIG one, so it will probably take some weeks... ;)

Posté Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 9:34 pm
As you know, there are no definite dates when it comes to development, just ask Microsoft. We have had 2 updates since I got here in Aug. They are working hard and taking suggestions for the next big upgrade. I don't think they have a final date in mind at this time because they are still in the development stage. However, I don't work for the company so can not give any specific info either way. I like the way they have taken care of business so far, so I will stick around.

Posté Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 9:40 pm
MrRiahiHome userMember since 2005
I'm thinking of purchasing virtual DJ, I played with the trial a while back and really liked it. I got a bit tired of producing and would like to do some djing.

The only question I have is, if I purchase the 3.3 version, when the next update comes out, do I have to re-analyze all my music, and reapply the cues, or will virtual dj automaticly remember these?

Posté Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 9:27 pm
Your database information is saved, so all your cues, bpms etc are still there. The only irritation ive had in past versions is that sometimes the samples are reset to factory samples and i have to go reassign them, but that didnt happen with the last update, so maybe they fixed that.

Posté Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 9:45 pm
Yes it does rock, I've been doing 2 hour live shows once a week for 18 months (I think thats 144 hours) and it only crashed once and that's since I installed Service pack two, two weeks ago.

Colin Hughes

Posté Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 10:25 pm
Just found out why 3.3 crashes if you have a long comment like the one below, I have reported this to Technical Support.

"When this project was brought to my attention a month and some change ago I didn’t notice the title of the cd “The Past Builds The Future,” at first by the Paris born multi-instrumentalist U-Nam. With my usual prying eyes slightly off the mark, I had to readjust my focus soonthereafter I took advantage of the moment to delve into what U-Nam’s concept was behind the title of his debut cd on “Trippin' 'N Rhythm Records.” Let’s talk about it!

The lead track “From M.A. To L.A.” pen by U-Nam features one of t"

Colin Hughes

Posté Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 10:56 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posté Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 2:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)