Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ PRO......

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ok...I have dj Mixstation 3 Home edition...I'm just a lil mobile dj in louisiana trying to get onto of everybody in this area...i pretty much am on top but i wanna define who i really am i don't want to b just like the other guys playing one song after another with the mixstation i have i can sort of do that but when d/l the effects some i cant d/l b/c i'm not a professional uiser or somethin like that i was wondering how do i get to b a professional user and do i have to buy VDJ PRO and is it worth it thank u...

DJ Hi-ROLLER

Posté Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 12:59 am
if you purchase Virtual DJ Pro you will get professional user status and be granted to download samples and effects.

Posté Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 1:12 am
will that make it easier for me to like edit the songs the way i want and do u possibly have any tipsfor a young person like me just starting out into this degree of the business??

Posté Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 3:01 am
what exactly do you want to edit?

you mean like remixing? If you want to get into remixing all I can tell you is that you can purchase some software although none that is truly cheap other then fruity loops.

Personally here is the software I use in order to either produce or remix for my own personal use.

Reason 3.0 (creates my beats)
Ableton Live 5.0 (another software similar to Reason)
Acid (great for compilations and adding samples at the right moment)
Wavelab (great for wave editing)

Besides that most effects I use are done with my Pioneer DJM-909 mixer.

There's a post in these forums which talk about remixing in greater detail if you want to look around.

Posté Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 7:15 am
Michael what did the dinosaur djs do before there were all these wonderful tools . They remixed on the spot with two of the same record. Although all the tools Devil mentioned are great. I would bet my mint condition 45s' of "Smoke" by Tribe that he started remixing with two of the same record. The remixes
are not what is going to set you apart from the rest of the Spinnas in your area. It will be your program and how you can tailor it to the crowd and improvise the playlist depending on the crowd. As always
I have to bring up Music Theory, learning basic music theory will always make you a better DJ. Props to whitedvl the man knows his sh*t!!!!!!!

Posté Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 2:47 pm
hehe

Very well said Powerplant its true that a DJs job is infact the programming of his set. Its how you read the crowd to know what they want to move to and from there you accomidate your set in such a way that your dancefloor never leaves.

Another thing to also mention is the fact that people always leave at 15, 30, 45 or 00 (hours speaking) so make sure you keep good songs pumping during these times to keep people from leaving the club/bar/dancefloor and its always good to rotate the crowd from the bar to the dancefloor. More tips as this one are mentioned in the "mix lesson" forums

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 5:27 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)