Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet NEW INTERFACE/SKIN

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

The standard skin has been criticiced a number of times in these forums for not lookin "professional" enough, and I agree. Of course it serves it's purpose well, and of course you can download or even make your own skins and also, of course taste varies, but the point is: How do you present yourself to potentional new customers?

My general impression is that in a "blind-test" (well, of course not BLIND, but you know what I mean) between Traktor and VDJ, my guess is TRAKTOR would come out as the more proffessional/serious/quality'ish looking. Don't underestimate the superficial cred-factor among DJ's... it's stupid, but it's a fact of life. In some ways VDJ has an image-problem... I would even go as far as to suggests to changing the name to simply VDJ ("virtual" is so nineties...)

And, last, but not least: How come I've read no reviews of the software in magazines???

That beeing said, I do think the software is very good (except for TCV and sound quality, but that's soon about to change isn't it?) but it lacks a little in appearance.

Posté Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 1:12 am
I've been using Virtual DJ for 2 years to do a llive radio show and I disagree that it doesn't look professional I use the Mix Station SV 04 TITNIUM skin and I think it looks a lot better than Traktor, the only program that comes close Mixvides and its a lot more expensive. I also purchased Sam 2 which has some great playlist features but you can't look at it for 2 hours.

Posté Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 7:58 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Colin you've missed the point here. This thread is about the default skin (the one VDj is promoting itself with), not skins in general.

Posté Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 11:36 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You have to understand the default skin:
* is for everybody: home + pro
* have to be simple and clear
* is known everywhere in the world

If you don't have enough with the default one only change it

Posté Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 7:02 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i think the default skin of fine, execpt for the colors. The color sheme needs to look a little more realistic.

Posté Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 7:43 pm
Sorry I agree the default skin is the most tacky I there are a lot more professional ones around.

Posté Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 9:48 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)