Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet New mixers from Pioneer

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Posté Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 7:44 pm
wow.. the 800 mixer looks nice ;) seems like a good upgrade from the 600

and it has KEY DETECTION! wow!!

"The world’s first DJ mixer with Auto Harmonic Tuning detects the key of song and automatically corrects it to the closest true key."

Posté Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 2:02 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
the 800 also has full midi support like the ecler nu04

Posté Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 2:22 am
Wonder why hardware seems to be able to do such things more easily than software ? Can someone explain if there is a difference between h/w and s/w DSP. I thought they were pretty much one in the same.

Posté Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 2:40 am
Hi, I'm not a big expert, but i think they are the same. It's just a software one has more problems because your computer's doing so many other things at once (like running windows, sorting out the moniter display, playing the music from your hard drive,etc.) so it's much easier for it to get a problem.

Hope that sheds a bit of light on it.

Posté Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 11:49 am
61 midi controls, so this will probably be great with VDJ. I also like the digital inputs and output connections.
Ewout

Posté Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 7:27 pm
oh man! I overlooked that it had midi capabilities! :) WOW ;)

Definitively a PERFECT match for me and VDJ ;) hope its not too expensive... hmmm

Posté Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 9:22 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
$1699....
I'm really not exited, ok it's a good mixer with the faders mappable to send midi.
There are already many midi controllers with a mixer design and cheap.
And using the basic channel faders/eq knobs as controllers instead of audio mixer its not a good idea i think.
Also there are not nany midi mappable buttons for loops, cues...
What i really want to see is mixers like the xone 3d, with a real mixer in the center and real midi controls in a cd-player layout.
Dj consoles at the other side have no audio mixer section.

Posté Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 11:09 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
other than Key detection it's just a new mixer.., key detection could be a new feature of VDJ, but is that going a bit far?.., key detection and the software changing to the best key fit it can seems to be the mother of auto features IMO, I think it's going a bit far.

Posté Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 11:41 am
drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006
so when you do a side by side comparison between the pioneer 800 and the nuo4, which comes out on top in u alls opinion?

Posté Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 4:13 pm
As long as they improved on the horrible soundquality of the DJM600 it's progress..

Posté Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 5:25 pm
Pioneer has some great mixers, but they are too big for me. I have no use for any mixer bigger then 4 rack spaces. I don't mind carrying my 10x6 rack, but I would need another rack to fit all my stuff, with a mixer that big. If it was in a club, i'd have no problems.

Posté Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 7:15 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)