Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet problems with music

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

does anybody knows how it comes that my music doesn't run smoothly.
some songs jump a little bit backward or forward so it's a bitdifficult to make a good mix.

Posté Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 11:33 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What specifications does your system have?, this happens on top end systems only when you multi-task or use inappropiate settings.

Firstly when using VDJ it's best to close all uneeded apps, no powerful audio tools open like cubase or cool edit, or graphics software or games etc, even msn can use a lot of RAM at times.

settings in VDJ: timstretch OFF, reactivity FAST (unless your CPU is slow then choose MED), limiter OFF (doesn't affect performance much but still off!).

You could also increase Virtual RAM in windows settings.

There is still an EQ bug too, when you first touch the EQ their is an audio skip, so most move the EQ before they first start to play a song, I know it's a bummer but it should be fixed with the new audio engine (due soon).

You could also try downloading the latest drivers for your soundcard/hercules (if you haven't already).

please also note that music from file sharing programs are often very buggy and can contain lots of skips and audio drop outs.

I hope somewhere amoungst that is your answer, but all are worth looking into ;).

let me know how you get on.

Posté Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 12:04 pm
pentium4, 3 ghz, 250hd, 1.5 ddr ram

Posté Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 1:27 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Those specs are more than good enough! - try the settings.

Posté Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 1:46 pm
So your program and your music is on the same hard drive? I know this works, but it's hard work. Asking your drive to do a lot at once. I don't claim to know much about computers, but it made sense to me when I was given the suggestion a long time ago. I have no problems doing multiple things at once, like mixing mp3's and videos, online, printing. I am doing these things right now. I have 3 internal drives, 1 programs, 2 mp3's. I also have an external for videos.

Posté Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 7:39 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
go to the ur hardware drivers.. ie
right click My Computer>Properties>hardware>device manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers>Secondary IDE Channel>Advanced Settings

ur settings changed from DMA to PIO mode. change it back to DMA.... restart ur computer.
that should fix it.

or right click secondary ide channel and uninstall it.. then restart ur computer. when it starts up its gonna automatically install the secondary ide channel and install it back to dma mode.

the skipping u have was caused by a scratched cd. when a cd's scratched ur computer struggles reading it and changes from dma to pio mode.
the problem can happen to slow or fast pc's but most likely to happen to slow computers or dell computers (caused by dell's settings in the bios).

this is a problem i always face. what i do is just disable (not uninstall) the secondary ide channel coz i dont use the cd drives. i enable them just when i want to do burn cds.

Posté Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 5:45 am
i have it with many of the songs so it can't be from a scratched cd.

Posté Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 8:51 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)