Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VDJ not stable on brand new $2000 rackmount

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I built my new rackmount a few weeks back based on the suggestions of fellow forum members and my own research. Since then, I've installed VDJ along with a few other progs like office, light jockey, winDVD, video card updates, direct-x, etc...

I've been trying to get get familiar with the software and have come across the program unexpected quitting on multiple occasions during (normal song playback, video playback, dac-3 use, song analysis, vob file analysis). I am supposed to be using this system for the first time this Saturday but the program instability has me VERY worried.

In an attempt to squash the problem (at 11PM last night), I pulled out the XP Home disk to perform a clean install.

Here is an exact list of what I've installed since then:

ASUS MB drivers (CD-ROM)
XFX drivers (CD-ROM)
MAYA 44 DRIVERS 2.5.5 (internet)
(uninstalled orig XFX drivers)
NVIDIA 6600GT DRIVER update (internet)
windows update recommeded updates (internet)
virtual dj 3.3
boggis dac-3 mapper

After completing this task by about 1:30 am, I opened VDJ and selected my .vob folder to analyze overnight. I woke this morning to find the windows desktop with no trace of VDJ or an error dialog.

During the course of ripping my promo only DVDs with VDJ's ripper, there were times that I encoutered errors (last track of every disc and random tracks along the way). I tried to rerip most of them but sometimes I'd just move along. As a result, there was a collection of .vob files the had very small (~10mb) to no file size (0kb). I erased a major chunk of the small files but could possibly have files in there that were partially ripped and then a read error occured before completion.

Will these incomplete files crash VDJ during analysis or playing?

I am at a loss right now about the cause of VDJ's unexpected terminations.

If anyone would be able to assist me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I would really appreciate all responses to address possible causes & solutions. Any posts that simply say "vdj works fine for me" without relating it directly to my harware/software configuration should be saved for other threads.

If anyone would like to help me thru MSN chat, my email is: rpvincent@gmail.com

THANKS!!!

-Peyton

Here are my specs:

Ext. Controller: DAC-3

Motherboard- ASUS® P5WD2-PREMIUM ATX PENTIUM® D PCIE S775 800MHZ FSB W/AUDIO, GB LAN, 1394A, SATA & RAID

Processor - INTEL PENTIUM 830 DUAL CORE 3.0GHZ LGA775 (2*1MB CACHE) 800MHZ FSB

RAM - DDR2 - 2 667Mhz

Video Card - XFX 6600GT PCI-E

Soundcard - MAYA 44 USB

Case - 3U Server

Posté Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 7:23 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
In the vob files you ripped, does VDJ crash while analyzing the files you know are correct (no bugs during extraction)?

We must determine whether it is your system that is unstable or it is the corrupted vob files you tried analyzing.

Posté Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 3:49 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
You say that it also quits during normal mp3 playback on this computer?
Have you run it on another computer. If so, did you have the same issues there? If yes, did it fail from day 1, or did it eventually start having problems out of nowhere? Gradually get worse?
If never run on another computer, try it, with the same media files, and see what happens.

Posté Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 5:34 pm
Try ver 3.2 to see if you are having the same issues.

Posté Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 7:37 pm
Sometimes when an application quits to desktop during an intensive operation it is due to the CPU being overworked, i.e. perhaps you don't have sufficient cooling, have overclocked the system or simply need a little more voltage (be cautious, it's not recommended to play with the voltage). Try running Prime95's torture test for 10 hours or so and see if you have any errors or if that crashes to desktop to eliminate hardware being the problem.

Posté Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 8:04 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)