Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Anyone using a laptop with Video Hardware acceleration??

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've posted detailed description in Hardware and software forums and tech support, but no one has an answer. I need to find any laptop that will work with videos in accelerated mode. This is needed for the best quality video output. I've tried Dells 9300 and 9400 with NVidia 6800 and 7800.

Just FYI - It works in Swift Elite VJ Hoster. I really don't want to have to use the competitions software, because I love VDJ it ROCKS!!, but not for my Videos and I do about 35-40 Video shows a year

Posté Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 5:18 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have the HP zd8000 with ATI x600 256MB video card, running with hardware acceleration, and it does videos very nicely. I generally use VOBs, but works well and keeps CPU low (generally below 20%) with other formats and most visualizations too.
Very Stable.

Posté Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 5:39 pm
i run an compaq nc6000 from hp with an ATI Radeon 9600 card - i do select hardware acceleration and extended desktop for video on 2nd screen etc - it runs ok - the cpu is about 1.6mhz with 500mb of memory. its my business lap top so i have just bought a bigger cpu / memory desktop for video and laptop will be back up. The video works ok - i think the bigger cpu and memory on desktop improves it. However, i get less quality from vob files ripped and played on laptop or desktop VS native DVD from DVD rom using any DVD softeate like power DVD - the brightness and punch is about 20% less and I am requesting any guidance on this

davefromlondon

Posté Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 9:11 pm
Thanks, I'll give the HP a try. Can you give me the Specs - like is it PV 2.8 or the newer 3.4 with HT? I have another PC - Cyberpower Laptop with PV 3.4 HT Radeon 9600 Vid and this baby gets so hot, even with a cooler under it that the sound starts to suffer after playing for a few hours. This is even more true when I'm doing video's. The CPU is pretty much at 99-100%

I wanted to verify - you have been using it on a secondary monitor correct. The reason I ask this is because it works great on the laptop I only run into problems when I extend to ext monitor and project to screen or TV

Posté Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 4:00 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
My laptop specs:

HP ZD8000
3.0 Ghz P4 HT
1GB RAM
ATI X600 w/ 256MB

I do use extended desktop with VOB video files to a projector connected to the SVideo jack.
Runs generally below 20% cpu.
Stays very cool, but that may be because I have the bottom completely free of obstruction, with plenty of airflow (laptop sits on second tier of a 2 tier keyboard stand, about 10 inches above any other equipment.)

One thing to check is that when you are using extended desktop, be sure that you are not just opening the video in a window and expanding this window on the extended desktop. This does eat more CPU to do it this way. The way you should be doing it is not in a window, but directly to the external monitor.

Hope that info helps... Good Luck!

Posté Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 7:11 pm
Thanks, this will probably be my next laptop I buy as soon as I play a few more gigs to pay for it. I'm only running about 15-20% when videos are running on the Dell. I don't open in a window and expand. I set pc to Dual View (2nd display projector ) only has Windows background on it. When I say activate it opens fullscreen on ext plus my laptop that runs the VDJ program. I did have this problem in another Video program called Swift Elite Hoster, but they fixed the problem by adding a right mouse funtion to minimize the Video window on the laptop display

Posté Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 5:51 am
In config>video>TV Output, do you see your videocard in the pulldown, or do you see "window"?

Posté Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 6:30 am
I see video card NVideo 256

Posté Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 6:33 pm
Do you see an option "Full Screen Video">"Full screen video control" >"Full screen device", when you are in a dual mode? Make sure this option is disabled. This would be in the nVidia menu. It may be called something a little bit different on your card, I don't know. I enabled this, and had the same problem you have.

Posté Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 5:55 am
this is on my dask top, not laptop, but - lots to tell re video - I tried nVidia 1 x pci express gforce 6600 with 2 heads - worked great, 1 display for vdj, other for full video - then- I added a 2nd nvidia card in pci slot and the whole thing was unstable.

so - switched to ATI cards - one in pci e and 1 in pci and GREAT - works fine with 1 screen in 1 card and another screen in 2nd card

i now need to buy 2 more monitors to get what I want - 4 screens - 1 for vdj, 2 for lcd 23" and 1 for projector each on its own head of video card - no splitters

Posté Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 7:26 pm
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
With my old centrino 1.7 with ati 9600 hw accel was fine and work smooth :)
on my new core duo with nvidia geforce go 7400 can't use hw accel :(
I hope to have news about vdj team, if they expect this can be solved in short i'll keep my three day old new laptop....otherway i should find a solution...i play live 3 times a week at the club, videos included

Posté Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 2:46 am
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
if anyone is experiencing problems with hw accel, pleas check video codecs at extensions on vdj menu setup, change for windows media ones, this worked for me

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 2:21 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)