Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Cool stuff for Virtual DJ 3 - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"Everything in moderation" especially drugs and poisons (Alcohol).

I find one or two drinks add to my game but anymore than that I'm taking on the mic too much and my mixes get sloppy, and I become the DJ that I've been know to criticize, luckily I only drink more when at house parties, where I was invited to drink, party and also DJ.

I hate to see Alcohol used in excess, the best you can be when drunk is an embarrasment to those who are not, and the worst I've seen is messy streets, fighting, attacks on strangers and the worst rape.

Alcohol is a very serious thing, there are so many different possible outcomes when consuming it, particuarly amoungst different people. I'm not saying that Alcohol turns a nice person into a violent maniac, this is only true for some people who suffer the worse side effects of it.

Did you know? Yeast is the star of the drinks industry. If it feeds on sugar in the absence of oxygen, it releases carbon dioxide and ethanol - the drinkable form of alcohol

Only 20% of the alcohol you swallow is absorbed by the stomach

Heavy drinking is blamed for up to 33,000 deaths a year in the UK

When you consume alcohol, you lose more water in your urine than you take in the drink itself

Booze interferes with the nerve endings that control erections

Binge drinking is thought to have serious long-term health impacts

After a heavy night out drinking your body is dehydrated which causes your brain to shrink away from the skull

After reading these facts I'm tempted to knock it on the head altogether, although I might just seriously limit myself, I like my red wine.

Posté Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 2:22 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i dont think ive ever played to more than 5 people not on one thing or another. different things give you a different angle on things, different energies and connections to the music. If your getting PAID for what your doing then i dont think you should drink or leave the booth to chat up the hotties. fair enough interacting with people that come and talk to you but drinking and spending more time eying up the laides when your getting paid for your performance and time is not on. Mabey superstars can get away with this a bit but if your doing a wedding who wants to see the dj eying up the maids of honour and sluring his announcements.

maybe like 2 or 3 beers to loosen you up a bit thinking about it. most people are more lively and relaxed after 3 beers than sober. just dont let it interfeer with your work. like dont perch that bud rite on the expensive house mixer but on the table behind you. and dont meet ladies at the show interfeering with your job, thats what posse is for lol. or make them wait till after ;)

Posté Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 2:37 am
My last show (Monday) somebody came over to me and I thought he was drunk. He said, "Nope, I'm on cocaine..." I was floored. I asked, "How long has that been going on?" He said for about two weeks.

This guy is an accountant. He got it from a fellow accountant. I work in Bars/Clubs, alcohol is legal, it is consumed by most all the staff in the place from time to time, and I can't see why I wouldn't do it if I felt it wouldn't get in the way.

Some shows, I don't drink at, some shows I do. I let my mood guage how much I can or can't do it.

On the flip side, I used to own a bar and had a DJ (whose now sober for health reasons) that would drink until he passed out. I had to LIMIT him to one beer and one shot an hour to try and control him, he'd send people to BUY his booze beyond that...

Some people get in this industry because they have something to contribute, some get in this industry because they don't want a day job, and then there's the last group that get in this industry because they want the free booze, and think it is fun.

Well, here's the COOL thing about VDJ that applies to all these people, you don't have to carry your CDs/Records/Karaoke Disks/or DVDs any more and worry about loosing them. Also, if you lose your computer, you can install VDJ on another computer and be up and running again real soon (Unlike some OTHER companies that want you to jump through hoops to PROVE that you've deleted the previous version or upgraded your computer)

Last but not least (And this would be perfect in the VDJ 4.0 topic) I've ALWAYS gotten FREE BOOZE with VDJ, so those who say that VDJ 4.0 comes with FREE BEER, didn't look in the settings... it's right there, Configure/FAME Settings "Booze Control" on or off.

:0)

Posté Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 4:49 pm
AMEN djcity, First of all the post was nothing about drinking.
The man stated in three lines about the night he had and in 7other lines was telling members that he had a problem and found a solution and if anybody wanted in holla. But all I read after that was negativity about how this DJ did his JOB.-----
party was great and everything is cool--------THATS ALL THAT MATTERED. Most of the people that cried about the drinking DONT DRINK...... NEGEATIVE POST......Pijani Srbin
started HIS post about a skin solution... ALL U AA members made it Negative

Posté Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 7:37 pm
let be realistic the guy wanted access to the download section. i very much doubt he had made a skin for his demo version. if someone rases an issue people are going to voice their opinions on it. mine is if you work as a DJ it mite be a good idea to not drink.

PS i love getting hammered, im no menber of AA but i just think that if im gonna pay someone to do a job i dont think that i should provide them with a product thats going to degrade their ability to do the job.

Posté Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 10:56 pm
Character, it's not something everyone has, It's only when someone has character that they can talk without trying to steer it's course, The very essence of conversation is based on going "off topic" else the conversation would end or quickly tire.

I think we are grown up enough to observe that we can respond to a subject in any which way we choose, especially when most of us come from societies that preach "Freedom of speech".

On Alcohol, it's quite a controversial substance in the broader world, although I'm from the UK, it's easy to adopt a sheltered mind and take everything as acceptable.
I consider myself a moderate drinker who would not oppose a complete Ban, the negative affects of alcohol I've observed and experienced throughout my life largely out weigh the good. Freedom for me is a personal exercise, freedom is no longer 'freedom' when your freedom takes away the freedom of another.., and when I leave the club and see violent attacks I feel this to be the case, when the my family was broken down by one mans addiction to alcohol I feel this to be the case..

Like most things Alcohol is spoilt by the few extremists for the majority of moderates.

Posté Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 11:26 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005

sure. no one is offended by the fact that this guy is a man whore!

The poor woman ;)

Posté Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 2:13 am
I think DRUGS are a FAR more controversial subject... at least, last time I checked, alcohol is legal in the states AND in the UK... in fact, you can get alcohol later...

I have NOT seen anyone try to STOP alcohol sales except EXTREME religious groups and groups here in the US in the 1920's... Christ... what would we do as DJs who work in bars if there wasn't alcohol? Read a book? GET OVER YOURSELVES

Posté Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 7:26 am
I must remember to quote that back to you when your having serious health problems, Alcohol is now a normal thing, as is smoking, Smoking is being banned for it's social health implications, however Alcohol is just as dangerous to health, and has a much greater affect on crime rates.

I know that there will be a time in the future when alcohol is rarely consumed and people will laugh at the expense of those that did. The problem is that few people will see that now.

Posté Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 5:48 pm
OK I agree with you DRUNK DJ is NOT PROFESSIONAL!!! I drinked 2 beers (Jelen Beer 0.5l), and every time when I drink 2 beers, i feel more comfortable, i get better feeling for the music, i mix better and have better communications with people (chicks of course), maybe i was overreacting, i was not really drunk i just had a little "happy" emotions, you know, as always when you drink 2 beers. I work 18, 19 and 20 years birthdays for 150-200 people, that is not big parties and it is ok if DJ drink beer or 2.
It is unproffesional if you have DRUNK DJ, but i was not drunk, and you can talk about it whatever you want, i had 150 people that has been satisfy with music, boss was satisfy, i get cash and chick and i think it was OK.

So, to get back to subject. I reinstalled my windows XP two days ago, i get a virus that crushed my system, so i can use virtual DJ trial again :) just one thing is not clear, i found a downloadable skins on this web page, you say that you have that skins, but i didn't find it. I'm confused.
And something else, someone said that his doubt in me, he thinks that i have NOT made that skin, and that I'm a liar! Well, tell me can i post a link for a screenshot or a skin file so i can prove that i have made it?

I know you all people hate Serbians but instead of looking bad stuff about us, try looking good stuff :) you know, nobody's perfect :) BIG HELLO for VIRTUAL DJ community :)

Posté Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 8:17 pm
Well my wife is a Bosnian and I don't hate Serbians, although I recognise the acts in the attack were commited by many Serbians, I would never hold a whole nation responsible for this, and thus do not hate anybody on the basis of their nationality, Just like the Iraqi war, most British people protested it although it was still carried out in their name.

I don't think anyone here judged you on the basis of your nationality, personally I only started ranting on about Alcohol because I came to the thread when there had been over 20 posts, and gathered by the last few this alcohol was somewhere in the subject matter.

Posté Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 9:12 pm
did u know its widely reccomended by doctors and the healt comunity to drink half a glas of red wine a day, infact its better for you to drink this than not drink at all. I couldnt give a monkies where your from mate. If your not a murderer, thief or rapist your welcome in my country any day.

Illeagal drugs. now theres an issue. Who here has done em and who here thinks what about them?

Posté Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 3:49 am
How could he know? He's only 20!!!

So, until HE matures, we shall see if this holds...

I'm not SLAMMING him, and I know that in the UK you can drink at a younger age (at least I think so).

He's so cute and full of these YOUNG ideals... but, honestly, having read his bio, I can see that he doesn't have 1/2 the life experiences as many who have posted here.

Again, I'm not slamming you, but where I come from, I'd say, "you are not old enough to drink..." of course, some would argue that this stupidity (the 21 requirement for drinking) has affected us as a nation in that we have a higher occurence of Alcoholizm... in the European countries, alcohol is included with meals and youth are exposed to it at a much earlier age and it isn't seen as something "forbidden."

With regards to BUSH's war, I'm with you EXCEPT I have to point out that RELIGION has killed MORE people than alcohol will ever, and this war is about religion and oil.

Perhaps I've paraphrased a few things, and I recognize that you are a VIP, but I have to point out where you lack experience.

Posté Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 6:20 am
I'm a VIP because of my experience with VDJ rather than my life experience.
Regardless of my age I don't speak of things I don't know, and hey I'm only 20, just a kid full of pointless ideals, well my ideals could do a lot for your country, and my ideals can hold their own in any argument, as I have demonstrated on this forum time and time again.

We were talking about alcohol, how many of you hold qualifications in Nutrition and Exercise?, well I do, and I'm sharing my knowledge about alcohol, I can tell it's falling on deaf ears.

Doctors recommend Red wine with good reason, but you'll also read that when you consume greater amounts than 1-2 glasses it's affect becomes counterproductive to health (like with any other poisons), the goodness in wine can be found from other non alcoholic sources if you really care about that, which I greatly doubt.

There are obviously many more experienced people than me, and many more experienced people than you, but clearly that experience is not always of benefit.

If you two guys want, you can add your ages together, subtract my age (20) and tell me the remainder, that remainder will not be a figure to brag about within this conversation.

Posté Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 10:29 am
DJROSSSHome userMember since 2006
Nothing wrong with a drink or to while on the job, once your not getting wasted!! Helps ya relax a bit and flow a bit more.

Rory

Posté Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 1:24 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm sorry to say that Bagpuss.. But I tought you was about 40-50 years old man..serious.... :p haha now I know that you are "one of us" :p LOL

Posté Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 9:22 pm
im 20 aswel mate. a good age to be. i can stil run up stairs without having a sit down at the top lol. i dont smoke i think thats stupid and i cant wait til the ban comes into force in the UK in 07. Drinking large amounts regularly (3 nights a week) is very bad for you but try telling that to all my student mates. its not going to happen. When i go out drinking i know when to stop and (thankfuly) ive only ever got so drunk i couldnt fully remeber the night once. Every drug has its side effects when used too frequently, thats why i suggest changing it up regularly so you dont over do one 'poison'.

At the end of the day you have to make your decision over how you want to live your life. do you want to be a T-totaler or a drug addicted tramp or somewhere in the middle.

Posté Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 2:29 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hey all....

This has been an intresting and lively thread.

I think THE SKIN issue has been resolved.

As for the consumption of alcohol, you people have taken that topic to a whole new place and level.

let's try to close this topic like this...

I respect the right to choose. I do not believe in using illegal drugs. (Just say NO)

I drink, you don't drink, she drinks, they drink, the people over there don't drink but those people over there do drink. Ya get it?

Is it wrong to drink? NO
Is it unprofessional? Depends on the sitiuation
Is a DJ that drinks beneath a DJ thet does not drink? NO
Is it wrong to meet a young lady or young man at a show? NO. Life is life and sitiuations arise. It IS wrong however, to be a whoremonger at a show.
Does anyone have the right to look down on another person? HELL NO !!!

We all deserve respect and we should give that respect freely and willingly no matter where a person may be from, what color that person may be, what station in life they may be at, what religion they may practice, male or female, drink or not.

DJ CITY

Posté Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 3:14 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)