Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Gig Fees

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey VDJ'ers...:o) Hope you are all well.

Just wanted to ask what you guys (mobile as well as clubs, etc) do about gig payments and cancellation fees?

I try and insist on payment at the beginning of a gig, and for cancellation I usually charge 50% of the fee quoted at booking time, but only if it's on the night in question (if, for example, another dj has been booked at the same time).

What do you guys do?

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Posté Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 7:52 pm
Depends on what you have in your contract. NEVER DO A SHOW WITHOUT A CONTRACT!!! In my contract and most companies I know of have a 90 day (some do a 120) cancellation policie. If someone cancels me for example 60 days before a show they must send me payment in full and a register letter of cancellation. If they cancel before the 90 days for example 180 days they only lose their deposit. All deposits are considered a retainer thus forth not refundable.

This holds true for clubs. Yeah, it is nice to get paid under the table cash. However, if you don't have a contract you have nothing to go after them if they try to short change the company.

As of getting paid that night of a show. All payment must be made two weeks in advance as long as it is with a personal check. That night I will only take cash or a certified bank check/money order. I do take personal checks that night if it is a Customer/Company that I have done shows for in the past.

Remember, for some this is how we make our living and you need to cross the t's and dot the i's. It is always good to have an attorney look over your contract before you send it out to clients. And never sign anything unless you have had an attorney look at it first. If it sounds to good it probably is to good.

Don't sell yourself short. In this business everyone wants something for nothing. Get what you deserve for your shows and cover your butts!

Mike

Posté Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 1:03 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)