Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet i need some opinions from everyone!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hey i was wondering how does everyone ends their songs before you start mixing another one(like which plugin do use how do you set the options). i mix HipHop and R&B, Trance, Reggaeton. i use echout but i want it to end with not stop the song and stops to. any suggestions on how i can end the song while scratching the next to mix it with the present that iam playing. i meen mixing this style of music is kind easy is just that i a good plugin to end it with.

Posté Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 6:39 pm
For Hip Hop, R&B and Reggaeton you can try Loop Out and Flanger Loop Out.
For House, Techno or Trance try Flippin Doubles, Brake or BackSpin.

MS

Posté Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 6:49 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
anything works. just so long as its not too repetitive. or repetitive enough for ppl to know what ur gonna do next. switch it up with anything. u can even create a muting effect with the volume/fader without even using plug-ins.

thats the beauty of having all effects in your fingertips coz u never know how ur gonna end (or start) a song till the time comes.
(thats why some ppl can be against having 2 or 3 or even 6 plug-ins to work with. one would want as many of them as they can coz u just never know what can come up. and no one wants to run to the plug-ins to search and instal plug-ins.
votes for infinite plug-ins + keyboard shortcuts).

Posté Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 7:45 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Not to sound rude but do you "mix/blend" the songs together or do you just play one after the other with a plugin or effect to end the song.

While mixing/blending songs, it is important to know how the song starts and how it ends. That way you can know how to introduce the next song into your mix. Different ways of doing this are mixing, blending, or dropping the next song in.
Listen to other hip Hop DJ's and hear how they do it. You can learn from that.

Good luck

DJ CITY
City's Street Jam Show on Virtual DJ Radio
Mon, Tue, Wed, Sat @ 19h -5GMT...7:00pm EST

Posté Tue 21 Mar 06 @ 12:03 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm kinda with City here. My goal is to end the song with the beginning of the next one...maybe a sample over the mix. I only use effects when I don't have time or I'm mixing two completely different songs that I can't beat match. For those I use loop out and the beat grid, sometimes with a vst flanger effect overlapping.

Posté Tue 21 Mar 06 @ 10:32 pm
Yeah guys I think that he was talking about beat matching, as I sure was. But even if he didn't, it doesn't matter as there are many vary different ways to mix...

MS

Posté Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 2:11 am
ok you guys don't get what im trying to say. im trying to mix and scratch like a real dj. ill play a song and when certain chorus part comes in ill mix an instrumental but i need a good pluging to end the song and just have the instrumental going.

Posté Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 9:59 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Oh. A good one is flanger loop out. long Brake is another good one, so is backspin.

Those are kinda standards as dj's have been doing them for years and years with real wax. (Not the flanger loop out though).

Hope this helps...

any other questions please feel free to ask

Posté Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 10:35 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey Happee..... the last post helped me understand what you're asking. I'll say I haven't done enough exploring, but spend some time in the vst plugin forum. I've found about 5 plug in effects that are better then the ones on this site. Completely adjustable flangers, loop outs etc.. The ones on the site are good and i use some often but you can also be creative and find vst's that are wild. The vst world is really targeted at production and musicians but you can adapt their vsts or find the nugget that are dj vsts. Good luck.

Posté Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 12:51 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
these typ o questions are hard to anwser.

from what ur asking maybe a third deck would help you. otherwise just listen to your radio mix sessions for ideas.
as soon as i can i'll post hip-hop sessions by http://www.thebakaboyz.com/bakaboyz.php every Sunday
they have some complex outros.

those are the #1 djs on radio in america.

Posté Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 12:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)