Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Key Changer For Karaoke

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

How about adding a key changer for karaoke. I am asked all the time for the key to change but cant do it what do you think???

Thanks
Corey B

Posté Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 10:29 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004

Posté Fri 24 Mar 06 @ 8:46 am
It will change the key... BUT, it does have some problems... I get Pops and Clicks with it... and how much is a "Semi-Tone" in comparison to 1/2 steps? and whole steps?

Posté Fri 24 Mar 06 @ 5:23 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
This asked many times by users.
Its a very usefull feature to have not only for karaoke but for harmonic mixing also.
Lets hope as the the virtual dj team always listen to their users.

Posté Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 3:20 am
lej78480.. how do I DL that just DL it to my VDJ file?? if so I tried it but it diden't work I don't think.

Posté Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 10:18 pm
Thank you for agreeing with me. People all the time want to take there karaoke song a key down or up and there is nothing i can really do.. hopefully the guys from VDJ will add this one for all you KJ's out there.....

Posté Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 10:22 pm
If you CLICK the link above... when "keyshift.exe" gets on your compture, double click it. That SHOULD automatically put it in VDJ fx folder. Then when you want to use it, goto your FX tab. From there, on the left side you should NOW see "KEY SHIFT"

Drag that to where you want it in the center (one copy for each channel if you want).

Then if you click in the CENTER of that fx "KEYSHIFT" it will activate the shift. The FIRST POSITION is -3.0 Semitones...

There are four numbers on the right, this controlls the semitones.... 1 is down one WHOLE Semitone, 2 is down 1/2 Semitone, 3 is up 1/2 Semitone and 4 is up 1 WHOLE Semitone.

If you don't want to activate KEYSHIFT when you click on it, click somehwere outside the square.

In Western Music, we play with WHOLE Semitones (I just learned this answer to my own question) On a musical staff, there are 12 SEMITONES in an Octave... so if you start at C and go up 1 semitone, you end up at C# (# = Sharp) also known as Db (b = Flat). One more semitone up would put you at D (natural). One more semitone up would be Eb (Note: technically it could be D# as well, but usually this would be called Eb and I don't know why) The progression is as follows:

C, C#/Db, D, Eb, E, F, F#/Gb, G, G#/Ab, A, Bb B then Back to C. To "FLATTEN" a note or to "SHARPEN" a note would be to take it one semitone DOWN or UP respectively.

Assuming that the person who wrote this software sticks to THIS MUSICAL Definition of a SEMITONE, the .5's in this keyshifter are for mixing music pitch NOT for keyshifting as in karaoke.

Here's a more detailed reason WHY you'd shift a key 1 Semitone up or down:

Let's say I sing a song called XYZ. The particular key I sing it in is the KEY of C (Natural). If my keyboard only had a range of 25 semitones, it would play from -C all the way up to +C (This is VERY SIMPLIFIED). So here is the note range:

Lowest: -C,-C#,-D,-Eb,-E,-F,-F#,-G,-G#,-A,-Bb,-B

Midrange: C, C#, D, Eb, E, F, F#, G, G#, A, Bb, B

Highest: +C#,+D,+Eb,+E,+F,+F#,+G,+G#,+A,+Bb,+B,+C

The Key of C wouldn't have ANY Flats or Sharps ( b or #) in it... so it would be C, D, E, F, G, A, B then down and up.

In my song, XYZ, the highest note played, for example is say +F and the lowest note played is -F... I can comfortably hit this range of notes... but YOU want to sing the song... and you have a LOWER voice... now let's say you can't hit all the way up to F, you can only get up to E. If you wanted to sing the song XYZ, To help you HIT THE HIGH NOTE, I would lower the key -1 Semitone. NOT -.5 as this doesn't happen in western music (technically).

Now if you were a woman and wanted to sing this song (You might also be singing UP an octave already but that's more to add that I won't). You might take it up because the highest note you can hit is a +A... AND you can't hit that LOW -F... but you CAN hit that LOWER -A

So, in a LONG WINDED explanation, THIS SHOULD BE (and I didn't write the software) but based MUSICALLY, how this works.

WHEW! That was a mouthful... Now, does anybody have any questions? NO? Class dismissed.

Posté Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 12:59 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I want it too. I have already asked it about one year ago while i was tryin traktor. Traktor have this function. Master tempo mantain the tone and change the speed, while the function we want should change key mantainin the same speed (pitch). I hope the team will read it cause it should be wonderful to map eventually with external midi keyboard different values of key and make on-live remixes (for example with some bassline loop) . Musicians know what i mean.
Let's cross fingers...
Peace,
DjKad

Posté Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 6:27 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)