Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Thought I'd post some pics of my rig as well...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Enjoyed looking at Tophouse's system, thought I'd post a couple of pics of my rig as well. Have a look at my blog (more pics & stuff to come soon...)

john

Posté Fri 24 Mar 06 @ 10:44 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Nice, I see you use your dac above the mixer i could never do that its too far from the crossfader for me. Check out my blog for my rig pictures

Posté Fri 24 Mar 06 @ 11:45 pm
Very nice, I see quite a few people have been commenting on your monitor mount as well! You obviously have more money to spend than me, barely a hint of a homemade bodge on your console! ;-)

As for the controller position, I had my ol' DMC 1 below the mixer for while, but this was only because the mixer I was using at that time didn't have a recessed output panel, and all the plugs in the back of it got in the way of the controller. I've even had the controller in the top sloping part of the unit, but I found it REALLY uncomfortable to use in that traditional almost-vertical position. I guess it's just whatever you're used to, I learned to mix on a set of denon 2000F's that were mounted above the mixer (a Cloud CXM, remember them?), I guess the habit just stuck...

Congrats on the wedding by the way...

Posté Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 3:23 am
After looking at DJ Cyders set up I have to admit that I ruined my keyboard. My automatic response was to drool and I think about a quart went onto my keyboard. No matter what anyone says, I know by looking at the set up that turntables as a stand alone meidum are finished. How can they possibly compete against VDJ? Man what a fun time that show must have been.

keep it thumpin'

Posté Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 12:27 pm
How does is perform sherz? I totally hammer mine, am playing about with video quite a bit at the mo but that damn bug with the visualisations and advanced soundcard is getting on my nerves! Roll on vdj 4 :o)

Posté Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 6:02 pm
Still early days so far, but so far so good - the console got its first public airing on wednesday night, and didn't crash... :-)

Turns out its a bit slow for visualisations though, with the visualisations switched in, things like the pitch faders seemed really sluggish - I'm guessing that GeForce 5200 really isn't up to it, although it seems to play my videos without a glitch.

Lots more testing to do yet, I hope it proves to be as reliable with VDJ as it was under PCDJ Red...

Posté Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 8:49 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)