Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet new processors for VDJ?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I just had to open this topic :)

I am going to buy new laptop. There are many different processors out there for laptops.

So everybody who use laptops with AMD Turion 64, AMD Sempron, Intel Pentium M or Inel Core Duo please write how VDJ works on them.

Posté Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 9:26 pm
Or let say if there is anybody who has experience with this processors. In case we had 2GB of ram and each of these processors. Which is better? Maybe this way we can put core duo off because it is the best at the moment. Of course is chipset very important, but we can skip this too. Just curious about processors with 2GB ram (which i am going to use with VDJ).

thx

Posté Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 9:49 pm
I'd just like to add to this post. I am thinking about building a new system in June, and would like to know about the new dual processors. So, will some of you smart guys give us some info?

Posté Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 10:54 pm
metiznPRO InfinityMember since 2005
oh yes, I want to buy a laptop with the new AMD dual turion which will hopefully come out in june. will VDJ support dual processors? i mean of course it works but will it take full advantage of 2 cores? would be GREAT!!!

Posté Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 12:30 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
VDJ takes fully advantage of 2 "virtual" cores as it uses very well Hyper-threading Intel processors.

I think it will also take fully advantage with two cores. But it would be better if Dev-Team answered to this.

Posté Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 6:59 pm
Hello Dev team, any comment ?

Could there be any additional benefit to vDJ when using the Intel Duo vs AMD Turion 64 ?

Posté Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 6:42 pm
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have new vaio with dual core. with mp3 files runs smooth, 5hour live sessions and processor running arround 5% use....really cool, and reading audio is really fast, scanning files to get bpm are twice fast than in centrino pentium m.
What you must look for is the video card in the laptop yf you mix videos, seems not all cards supports hw acceleration. My old asus wit ati 9600 64mb was ok. My new vaio with new nvidia go 7400 256mb doesn't wok well as i cannot activate video hw accel, right now i'm nomore able to use videos live, so the shows now are not so espectacular.

Posté Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 9:27 pm
So which new graphic cards (on laptops) are supported by VDJ?

anyway, thank you for this post! ;)

one more thing.. could please one of DEV teamers answer this: which is better: pentium 4 HT, Athlon 64, Intel core duo??

Actually i decided for core duo, but because of graphic card i am a little troubled :)

thanks

Posté Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 11:10 pm
Intel Core Duo with a ATI Graphic Card,

seeing djkike has a problem with the new NVIDIA graphic card... :(

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 1:01 am
The question I would like answered is if there is any real benefit to the Duo over the Turion 64 with specific regard to vDJ.

I think we already know about the video card preference...

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 5:41 am
JeremK
It's not VDJ, drivers are bad for Nvidia.

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 7:28 am
So ATI is right choice?

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 7:30 am
I know the problem isn't really with VDJ. But to prevent this problem from happening the best is to get an ATI graphic card.

But Xeon wait for other people to confirm this.

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 1:46 pm
Hi guys, i solved the problem changing video codecs from extensions at vdj...now i can use nvidia with hw accel.

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 2:14 pm
What exactly did you do???

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 2:33 pm
At VDJ -> SET -> EXTENSIONS -> DECODERS
there i coose one by one extensions .avi, .mpg, .mpeg -> CHANGE -> WINDOWS MEDIAPLAYER VIDEO DECODER.
Not all videos run, depend on riping process used but i can activate Video Hardware Acceleration and play well.
I'll look for BSPlayer Pro Codecs, then i'm sure i'll be able to project all videos

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 2:51 pm
... interesting.. write back when you be able to play every video ;)

Posté Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 2:53 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)