Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Dj Mixers

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Greetings fellow Dj's

I need some input. I am interested in upgrading my mixer and I'm not sure what direction I should go in. What kind of mixers are you all using and what kinds of things should I be looking for ?

Thanks
musicman

Posté Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 7:29 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
well.. how much do you want to pay for ti? How many channels do you want to have? Effects?

I have denon 300 and it is great mixer.

Posté Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 8:45 pm
I'm not sure yet. I guess my concern is sound. Is there really a big difference between an american dj mixer versus say a pioneer or denon ? I really don't use any effects excpet for a BBE sound enhancer. As far as inputs are concerned 4 inputs works fine. I dont have to much experience with onboard digtial effects so I don't know how good theseffcts can be. I appreciate any input you may have.

Thanks
musicman

Posté Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 9:06 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I had denon 1500 and pioneer 800 at home. I also have pioneer 600. Pioneer 800 is the best at the moment. If you don't need special effects, go for pioneer 600. It is really great mixer. 6 chans, a few quality efxs, great crossfader and loooooong life ;)

You have efxs at VDJ and with pioneer 600 you will get all you need. And it's not so expensive.

Posté Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 9:38 pm
If you dont need effects I would go for the Ecler Nuo4. It has midi, so you can control vdj. The sound quality is far better than a Pio600. I prefer midi over some effects, while the effects are already available in vdj.
Ewout

Posté Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 2:28 pm
What king of use and style of mixing ? Scratch, electro, house ?
Do you need Kill function, EQ band, ... or to tune the mixer as you needs ?

So, I use a Stanton SMX 501 mixer. Please, find below more information :
http://www.stantondj.com/v2/prod_smx501.asp

Regards, Laurent.

Posté Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 5:04 pm
What up gente it is all about mixing up some reggaetón wit dis joint!

Posté Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 6:17 pm
@musicman1

Here’s a 4 page thread devoted exclusively to the topic of mixers:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=8455&page=1

Keep in mind that the thread is about 1 ½ years old so some of the links might not work. However, the thread still contains some useful information, especially on page 2.

OO

Posté Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 8:17 pm
how conveniently this topic has arisen, within the next couple of weeks, i'm looking at buying the Stanton M202 mixer. it was $200, but now its down to $140 at the shop im buying it from.
Ive already been told its a great mixer with an even better price tag, but could anyone here who has maybe used it before etc tell me bout it?

http://www.stantondj.com/v2/prod_m202.asp

Cheers fellas

Sean

lest we forget

Posté Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 2:40 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)