Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet The Internal Database is corrupted error

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Wuz up

Virtual Dj rocks ! I've been using it for about four weeks now and eveythings works great. The other night I had a slow night at the club, and I just made up a songlist and let virtual dj do the rest and it worked like a champ. Great job guy's. But I keep getting the above error when i boot up the program has anybody out there seen this ? If so will it cause me problems if I dont fix it? How can i fix it ? also i do have protected and unprotected music files on my computer could this be the problem ? I look forward to any input you all might have. I look forward to your reponses.

musicman

Posté Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 4:32 pm
open the database in a html editor or notepad.

Check that its no error..
Meaning that it should all have start and end tags.

Open it even in Internet Explorer or some HTML editor. They will usually highlight where the tag(s) are missing

Posté Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 4:39 pm
use the save database button or shortcut action when you new analize the tracks again and press the vdj registry config button or shortcut action for anti crashs in database ans suggestionbox

Posté Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 10:13 am
make sure you shut down virtual dj properly after use... if you just shut down your machine like I always did, it will not save properly and go corrupt.

I always keep a copy of my virtual dj database xml on the desktop for this reason... if it corrupts, just copy and paste it into the virtual dj install directory, and you'll be back in business.

-Steve

Posté Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 1:58 pm
Maybe Virtual DJ should check if the database is corrupt everytime the program is opened and automatically create a backup if the database is clean. In the event that your database does get corrupted in the future, Virtual DJ could ask if you wish to Roll Back (people seem familiar with this term from Windows XP) to the last working database configuration. If this happens, you would only ever lose one sessions worth of database modifications unless you experience some sort of hardware defect, you shouldn't get file corruption if using NTFS.

Posté Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 2:19 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can do it yourself too, by saving a backup of your vdj database XML, let's say, every week ?
Then use Steve Lynch's trick to restore when you need it...

Posté Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 2:54 pm
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I wrote this simple bat file to backup the xml database and then start VDJ program.

It saves the xml with current date.

=================================================
@For /F "tokens=2,3,4 delims=/ " %%A in ('Date /t') do @(
Set Month=%%A
Set Day=%%B
Set Year=%%C
)

cd "c:\\program files\\virtualdj"
copy "VirtualDJ Database.xml" "VirtualDJ Database.%Day%.%Month%.%Year%.xml"

start virtualdj.exe
=================================================

-Dj Los

Posté Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 4:06 pm
Nice bat :)

Posté Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 1:07 am
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thanks, someone asked for it in another post, so I threw it together real quick....

I use them allot, can't get away from the old DOS days I guess.

-Dj Los.

Posté Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 5:18 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)