Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Sound garbles and songs slow down when loading other deck

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have been using VDJ for a few months without any serious problems but last night at my gig I experienced a major problem.

While a song is playing in either deck I drag another song into the other player and the sound gets garbled and distorted until it finishes analyzing the loaded song. If it doesn't get garbled I get pops and crackles until it finishes analyzing. When I listen to the newly loaded song in my headphones it is also doing the same thing. The speed of the music slows down by about half as well, sometimes. I have not changed anything in my pc and I have been using a waveterminal sound card without problems for two years. I tried restarting VDJ a couple of times but that didn't help. I noticed the "loading" message on the screen is getting longer than in the past. The windows resouce meter is showing very low resources being used even during the problem. I have tried every setting possible that I know about but still not getting better.

The resouce meter jumps higher when I turn on "slideshow" and even higher when I connect the Hercules DJcontroller. Normal to increase but it never went that high (Value=70%-90%). On my system VDJ runs at an average of 12% on a good day. (where have they gone...?)

My pc has the following specs:
Genuine Intel Pentium 4
3 gig CPU
1.25 gig RAM
Waveterminal 192L sound card
ATI 9800 Video card
2x 400 gig Harddrives
Extensive cooling system

I really enjoy VDJ as it does everything in one package(DJ/VJ/Karaoke) but during my gig I had to revert back to using Traktor Final Scratch and Swift Elite. Sucks to have to switch back and forth plus neither software can mix video like VDJ. BTW- It didn't matter whether I loaded a mp3, video mpg or a mp3+G to experience the problem.

Peace out,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal

Posté Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 3:59 pm
I had similar problems when I tried to NETWORK FULL SYNC with the same PC (local), but using the network IP or network name.

Hope helps you...

Posté Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 4:51 pm
I have it set to "no network sync"

Posté Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 6:14 pm
I am assuming this is a desktop. Re-seat your sound and video cards. Also, can you check your ram, to make sure it is seated and working. I only suggest this, because you said you have not changed anything. Maybe the shaking and moving the machine, something has loosened up, or worst. If I have assumed wrong, this post will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Posté Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 9:55 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)