Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Best power Amp weight/power

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I was wondering what's everyones opinion on what amp has the best power to weight ratio
i Know Qsc's power lites are pretty good but are there any more?

Posté Sat 06 May 06 @ 8:20 pm
Crest has a new line. I have not personally checked them out. However, my experience with their other amps, has been superb. Great company, with a long history of excellence. I still have some Carvers, that are 20 years old. I think they are 11lbs or something like that. They were the first, but the technology has jumped leaps and bounds, since then. You can check them out, also.

Posté Sat 06 May 06 @ 8:30 pm
wow 11lbs !!! i need to check that model out do they run cool?

Posté Sat 06 May 06 @ 8:36 pm
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
What ????? 11 lbs what is the wattage 10 lol. I can tell you that crown xls series is a good amp but they are not light. Used them for a couple of years and moved to higher outouts. I am currently using cs4000 for mains and phonic for subs and they sound good especially the peavey but that amp rack weighs, with power conditioner and dbx drive rack, close to 110lbs. So.... if you are thinking lite, this is not where you wanna go.

Posté Sat 06 May 06 @ 10:57 pm
450 watts/channel at 8 ohms, and 600 watts/channel at 4 ohms.

Posté Sun 07 May 06 @ 10:07 am

Posté Sun 07 May 06 @ 6:11 pm
wow 450 at 11lbs? is that Rms or max? I never heard of powersoft I will have to check them out

Posté Sun 07 May 06 @ 6:11 pm
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Sun 07 May 06 @ 7:52 pm
Without a doubt, the Lab Gruppen, they have a switched mode power supply (in lamens terms an electronic transformer) rather than a torodial transfomer (responsible for most of the weight in an amp). So you CAN get a powerful amp that is light, but only if you can afford one. You could buy a cheaper amp and then use the money you save to pay a roadie to carry them!!!

Posté Mon 08 May 06 @ 1:30 pm
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
most of them work for beer...... pretty cheap unless they are sots... lol

Posté Mon 08 May 06 @ 6:53 pm
clayPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Without a doubt Powersoft wins in this category.

All of their amplifiers are off the hook, but the K-Series is indeed AMAZING.

Imagine an amplifier that can put out 2000w/ch/8ohm/ continuous power, that takes only a single rack space and weighs only 12kg. It also has full DSP on-board and remote monitoring capabilities.

I have personally spent the day with John Lee (head of Powersoft USA, FORMER founder of Crest) and Claudio Lastrucci, one of the founders of the company. I've seen first hand the capabilities of these amplifiers and I can say they're nothing short of awesome.
I've put them head to head against the Lab Gruppen, the I-Tech, and the new Ashley amplifiers, and the Powersoft could be picked out of the line-up blindly (it sounded better).
Not an inexpensive product for sure, but if you want the most power available in a small amount of space, Powersoft without a doubt the weapon of choice.

Cheers!

Clay

Posté Wed 10 May 06 @ 4:13 am
Hi,

I know you mentioned QSC in your first post, but just thord i'd say i got one of the lightweight ones recently second hand and think it is fantastic!

it does 600w per channel into 8ohms (1000 w into 4 ohms) and weighs only 8kg (not sure what that is in lbs). But either way, i can easily lift it with one hand and it sounds great!

Posté Wed 10 May 06 @ 10:42 am
Clay,
I use both the Powersoft and the Itech series from Crown. I prefer the crown amps for low end and the Powersoft for high. In mid frequencies there is not a real difference.
Ewout

Posté Wed 10 May 06 @ 10:56 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)