Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Am about to purchase VDJ and need a couple questions answered!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi, I've been using my friend's version of the program for the last few weeks and I like it alot. He has the home ed., but he just uses it to mix at home - no turntables. I wanted to know the following before I purchased the program:

1. Can I use TCV with the Home Edition?
2. Where can I find a tutorial on how to set up my turntables/vinyls and get them working (or if someone can reply with a quick one that would be great!)?
3. I was considering investing in Serato Scratch Live, but I think VDJ is much better option because of the price difference. If I have turntables and a mixer already, how much will I have to spend total to get myself up and running?
4. what's the difference between HE and Pro?

If you have answers to any of these, I would much appreciate it. Thanks!!

Posté Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 3:45 am
1. As listed in Products -> Software - > Comparison:
There is no support for TCV/TCCD in Home Edition

2. You can find loads of info reading the Blogs . I know it´s not much help, but I´m sure someone else will give you more details in a minute...

3. You would need

• VDJ Pro -> $149.00 (otherwise you wont be able to use your mixer/TTs)
  • A multichannel TCV compatible soundcard (price depends on which one you choose...)

4. Product Comparison

Hope it helps,

Dj Joe/Joaquin

Posté Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 4:56 am

Posté Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 5:16 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Dam's blog is perfect solution to connect TT to use with TC AND usual vinyls. If you don't need to use real vinyls, you won't need Y-splitters. So here is how it goes: TT (RCA cables) > maya44 (USB cable) > computer (signal goes again to maya44) > maya44 > external mixer (RCA cables) > amplifier > speakers

Posté Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 9:05 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
So first of all, using the version of your friend, is illegal.

Now to answer your questions:

You will need to download the demo to test the TCVs as the HE isn't compatible.

To use the TCVs with VDJ you will need to buy:

-VDJ Pro: 149$ (Hurry up the price could go up when VDJ 4.0 is released. And Upgrade is free if you bought VDJ 3.4)

-2 TCVs: http://www.virtualdj.com/shop/

-An ASIO soundcard with at least 2 stereo inputs. Maya44usb/ESI U46DJ/M-Audio Delta 44/...

I recommend the ESI U46DJ which is 99€ in www.thomann.de

Posté Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 11:48 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)