Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet VB.NET 2003 Support

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Does anyone know how to create plugins using VB.NET? I don't see any support in the developer section and the VS.NET support is only good for C#. If anyone knows how to create VB.NET Plugins for VDJ please let me know (or VB6, for that matter I will convert the source myself, and post it here).

Posté Wed 16 Jun 04 @ 4:58 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The native language of VDJ is C++.

Moreover, DSP often needs a lot of power.

That's why, C++ and C# are the best way (and the best language) to realise effects for VirtualDJ.

You can do effects with other languages as COM objects I think, but we don't provide support for this by now.

Posté Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 5:37 am
I understand that. But VB.NET is much more powerful then it predicessors and is an OO, COM Language. Which means that it should work fine. I was just wondering if anyone had any examples to get started.

Thanks for the info though.

Posté Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 1:59 pm
P.S.: I don't think VDJ supports the .NET Framework (if that's what you mean by VB.NET)... I guess there's a way to make plugins in VB (as it's written in the developer section), but I don't think it would support VB.NET (even though I might be wrong...)

macourteau

Posté Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 3:18 pm
As far as they say in the developer section. VDJ does support .NET framework. they have a plugin wizard for C# - Unfortunatly I don't understand C# or C++ that well to convert it to VB.NET. If I had some white papers as to the calls, declerations etc... I would be able to convert it to VB.NET or atleast give it a good attempt.

Posté Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 4:21 pm
I installed the wizard available in the developer section, and I can't see any wizard for C#... If there was one, maybe I could help converting it to VB (with my "small" knowledge of VB, since VB.NET is a lot like C#.NET, and C++.NET (it's all the same functions -- just called differently...))

macourteau

Posté Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 5:54 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Right.

Posté Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 8:55 pm
mac,

I sent you an email with the wizard. mind you it is for VS.NET 2003 - I am not sure if it will work with older versions of .NET framework.

Also here is the link to the wizard from this web site:

http://www.virtualdj.com/support/developers/vdjdspwizard.exe

PS - If you are able to use this wizard and need help converting it to VB.NET please don't hesitate to ask me.

Posté Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 3:28 pm
I was already using this wizard, and it supports only C++ projects... and it's "unmanaged" code, which means that it doesn't support the .NET Framework. That's why I can't really convert it to VB (due to my lack of knowledge in VB). I wouldn't know how to convert the .h file to make it work in VB...

However if someone has working C# code, I could give it a try.

macourteau

Posté Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 3:55 pm
Thanks for the effort, If I have the time this week I will go through the code and see what I can do, If I have any questions about the C++ code, I will post them here. There has to be a way.

Posté Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 9:51 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)