Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Load Time and Song Search in 2.0

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

You guys have had the best song search out of any other program out there. The quickest loading, the fastest searching. Why in 2.0 did you make the load up time so much longer. I would like to propose a working bar on the splash screen to let us know it is still going to open and not crashing, just because I have had it where it did not open after 5+ minutes. Secondly, when you search your database for a song and go to click let's say on title or artist to alphabetize that group it now alphabetizes your entire database and not just what is in the search which takes a long time if you have a large library like myself. Say you look for all Sinatra songs and you have 100, then you organize by title. It seems to be organizing the entire database. You would see the 10%.. 11%... ect. It worked so quickly before.. Unless I am doing something wrong please let me know.

PS... You still have the best working program on the market....

Posté Wed 16 Jun 04 @ 11:43 pm
In my case VDJ loads in less than 10 seconds (every time...); and I can't help you for the sorting, since I usually know exactly which song I want to play...

What are your computer's specs?

macourteau

Posté Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 1:24 am
toshiba. 2.8 ghz. 1 gig mem. and fully optimized for vjd.

Posté Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 2:01 am
Hmz... and it takes 5 minutes to load?

That's weird I have 1.8GHz and 512MB ram and tons of apps running and as I said it doesn't take 10 seconds to load...

Sorry I can't help you with this :S

Regards, macourteau

Posté Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 2:06 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i'm running p4 2.8 512 mb ram and takes less than 10 secs aswell

Posté Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 11:49 am
I wiped the program and reinstalled again. Now the load time is down but still more than 10 seconds. I would say about 20-25, which is fine. Do you all use an external hard drive with a USB 2.0 connection for your music. Maybe that is the extra start time for me? At least it is back to working. I will have to rescan everything again. I saved my database again but the program did not even start last time I tried to insert it so I am going to start fresh. Thanks for helping out there though... :)

Posté Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 1:24 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I also have a very long load time.......I have 1 gig of ram and about 8,000 songs.....does this have any effect??? my fifiend has 512 mb ram and only about 500 songs and his is instantaneous??? When you say it is freeing up resources.....what resources is it freeing up. I have some things in my system tray which may be causing vdj to take longer to free up resources.

Posté Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 9:09 pm
I've got approx. 3500 songs, no external HD... (internal: WD 80GB 8mb cache)

Maybe the fact that your harddrive is external can slow down a bit... It all depends on it's transfer speed (USB1.1/USB2/drive's transfer speed)

macourteau

Posté Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 9:25 pm
I have over 30,000 on the external but a usb 2.0 connection. It is loading better for now.

Posté Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 3:45 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The more files you own, the longer is the startup.

Posté Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 9:56 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I've got over a 100 K songs

Load up 3 to 5 minutes

Shut Down 7 to 10 minutes

That dosn't bother me as much as the freezing between folders.

Posté Wed 24 Nov 04 @ 9:52 pm
crundlePRO InfinityMember since 2003
would it help to put the songs into different folders to cut down the startup time? I only have about 3000, but in some different folders, so my startup time isnt too bad, like 10 seconds. Can make it a bit of a hassle to find things, but i also make good use of the database, so i can find tracks i want from those...
100,000 songs? wow! no wonder it takes so long to do stuff, I'm surprised it doesnt hang a lot.

Posté Thu 25 Nov 04 @ 3:58 am
This was an old thread. From June when 2.0 first came out. My issues of startup time have been corrected since 2.03. Although I see your point on the folders opening up slowly.

Posté Thu 25 Nov 04 @ 4:26 am
when i search for a song in atomix it searches external hard drive & all folders. when i search in vdj i have to be on the folder that the song is in before it will find it please tell me if i am doing something wrong thanks paid user atomix & vdj ricky

Posté Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 2:31 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Yes you do something wrong -)
If you want to search in a specific folder, just type in the search box,
If you want to search all your folders you have added in the database, click on the database icon first. You can use shortcuts for both cases.

Posté Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 5:49 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)