Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet What soft were U using before vDJ ? - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

wyworgPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i begined whit bpmstudio 1.something and for casuality i knowk atomixmp3 but i don´t like ( i downloaded a demo version) but i see the numark in a disco then i buy virtualdj... and now for me is the best program... x-DDD thanks

PD: someday i will learn to speak english.. i promess it!!! jajjaja

Posté Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 11:46 am
¡Ningunos problemas con el texto inglés, wyworg!

Ningunos problemas en todos:)
¡invíteme a que juegue en España!
hehe... ¡Amo a muchachas españolas!! wow... lol:)

¡Prometo que mi español será mejor! sí sí sí ....hehe

Dj En Noruega

Posté Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 11:52 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
oh so the thread means hardware too

in that case... technics mk2
................... vestax mixer
....................pioneer cmx 500 and pioneer cdj1000
....................pioneer cdg machine
....................pcdj fx /kj

Posté Thu 24 Jun 04 @ 6:16 am
No, I only meant for the thread to pertain to mixing software solutions, but thanks for responding [:O)

Posté Thu 24 Jun 04 @ 2:31 pm
1983 start with cd a 100% 1993 start with dj software a 100%vdj and bpm pro are the top ones but I will give bpm a little edge over vdj why ? it has a better sound engine and a batter record case,vdj need to do some more work on those things now in vdj 2.0 the advanced sound confg section when you use it the music sound like it's in a tunnel I email support and they told me don't use it,but all dj software out there the problem they are having is a very nice pro controller bpm has one you can only use it for thie software,hercules tryed one but has no lcd display not rack mount the xp10 is not ganna go any where 99% of djs out there use rack mount equipment right now I'm having some talk with denon I will let you all guys know soon.

Posté Thu 24 Jun 04 @ 5:48 pm
DJ PHIL IT
I agree with you that the BPM controllers are pretty good and nice to see.
VDJ is supporting the Soundgraph controller right now. This has also a display, has build in sound cards and is much cheaper than the BPM solution

I don't get the issue about the recordcase. All what could be done (and even better) with VDJ. I used BPM studio at a bar, but the search is terrible comparing to VDJ.

When you search for a song of lets say "Billie Jean" I have to fill in Billie*. And then even in the Title field. If you fill it in the Artist field it will find nothing. Especially when not all your id3 tags are not correctly filled in, you cant find anything.

Please explain what you mean with the issues regarding the recordcase.
Ewout

Posté Thu 24 Jun 04 @ 9:35 pm
I leave in Florida Miami and I want to buy an XP-10. How can I get it and I'm a current traktor user in the process of going to Virutual dj. I will purchase this weeken and will play with it. I have a pentium 2.4 gig with 702 ram and window xp. Any tips before installation please.

Posté Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 5:42 pm
what I mean is there need to be more info of tracks when I'm looking for a track say the artist have some times 10 or more albums I look for the song by albums in VDJ you have to right clik to see all the info in orther dj software all info is display right infrant of you,you know when djing it's best if you can see all track info that's what I mean.for the guy who needs the info on the xp10 I think it will be out next month when you visit the forum again hit the product button on top and will get more info on that.

Posté Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 6:14 pm
Helo evribody
We (DJWILLIMIX AND I) just got VDJ a few weeks a go. We still use Traktor 2.0.3 we think it is a great program "but":-), the company is a little complicated and picky whend it comes to controllers and add ons to the software. This is one of the reason why we diside to give VDJ a try "BUT", first we loved how flexeble the progam is with all the fx,loops.skeens, etc. The only problem is the after 2 weeks we havent been able to preform a full mix with it, becouse keeps crashing. We don't think is the computers we are using (P4/2.8 DJWILLIMIX)(P4/3.06Mgz my self) witch is more then what we need for any DJ Software. So if anybody have any idea in what we are doing wrong please let us know.

Please do not take this massege the wrong way we realy love the program, infact we cant wait to fixed this problem, so we cut start using it.

Sorry for my english I'am working on it.
THX.

Posté Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 8:56 pm
@jorgechez

You need to post your technical issues in the Techical Forum and be more specific about what is happening when you crash.

I would venture to say that 90%+ of the users here don't have crash problems and that almost everytime the problem can be tracked to the users environment.... especially for vDJ versions before 2.0.

Posté Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 9:19 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Started with PCDJ Red, went to OTS, FX, Mixmiester, Winamp, Red VRM, but I still keep coming back to VDJ.

The best thing that ever happened to me in this biz, thanks to Cyder.
It has never embarrassed me and it keeps getting better.
Love Fruit's Pioneer skin and couldn't see any reason to change to another one.

Posté Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 9:26 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
1983 to 1992 - Turntables
1992 - to 1998 - Turntables and CD (Gemini and Denon)
1998 to 2004 - Pcdj Sl 1200 - PCdj Red with Black Skin
Very good program - Solid Rock and easy to use - NO Cd and No turntables - Ots Dj for automatic mode (22 to 23 hs)

2004 - Virtual Dj with Time Code Vinyl and 2 Technics MK II -It`'s all that I need - I use Loop with the keyboard ...samples ...but always with the control of my Turntables - If I need to go to the bathroom I use Ots Dj in auto dj mode (solid rock software)

In Virtual dj can be better : Sound quality -

Posté Wed 22 Sep 04 @ 12:53 pm
I “attempted” to use PCDJ FX but...

OO

Posté Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 8:57 am
Of all the software i have tried the only two worth paying for are Otsdj and Vdj.
For live mixing Vdj is the best i have ever used but for the radio i use Otsdj.

Posté Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 10:53 am
I started at age 17.
Current Age: 33
Sex:Male

DJ Name: The Axledental DJ
My memory says:
Started with Radio Shack mixer.
1 Belt driven turntable
1 Dual Tape Deck with picth control
Music source: Vinyl
Song source: Frequent clubbin in Pennsylvania

Then got a job with parents buisness.
Used extra cash to buy 2 Technics 1200 MKII
Gemini Mixer.

Years go by, collected about 800 12" vinyls and then:
DAT recorder of music, and then invested in a CDR burner and went with Vinyl & CDs/CDRs. I recall that, back in the late 80's/ early 90's.

Baught a Denon 2500F and use CDs 90% as to Vinyl.
Then around end of 1990's I moved out of PA to Maryland. 2 years into living in Baltimore, I went MP3/Digital DJ.
Baught PCDJ Red 5.x and a cheap Laptop.
Then later tried many other Digital DJ s/w:
DJPower
Mixvibes Pro 4/5
PCDJ FX
Atomix
VDJ 2.01
DSS
Deejaysystems MKII
BPM Studio Pro 4.x
Visual Discomix basic
Traktor Dj Studio 2.x
Traktor Final Scratch 1.5.x
Serato Scratch Live
DJdecks
OTS Juke DJ

Beta Tested for D-Vinyl 2020
Then heard of Digiscratch back in 2002 and Baught:
Alcatech's RCP-2001A and BPM Studio Pro. I still tried many other Digital DJ s/w.
I'm now happy with Digiscratch, but own and beta test:
MV DVS, and DJDecks.

Posté Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 5:25 am
alicooHome userMember since 2004
BPM studio is so much better than vdj...

Posté Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 9:31 am
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i used bpm for a year for mobile work; I like vdj better, especially for live remixing.

axledental, I've been to your site, you have a lot of great info and bring great digital experience to the board.

Posté Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 8:03 pm
PCDJ Red to Tractor to American DJ to PCDJ FX to VDJ

Posté Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 11:45 pm
alicoo: “BPM studio is so much better than vdj...”

…and is also much more expensive than VDJ.

For what you get for your $$$, VDJ is the best software to buy.

OO

b.t.w. In addition to my F-ailed X-perience, I also played with PCDJ Phat, tried PCDJ Blue, and used PCDJ Red (the original Red, not the current VRM version). The original Red is solid software, but has very limited features. However, it makes good backup software for VDJ.

Posté Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 2:12 am
Thank you Keyon.

Posté Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 5:18 am
61%