Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet best way to input BPM?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi ex traktor user here just asking what is the best method for setting the corect BPM of a track?
can't seem to find a option "for manual beat tap" in the keyboard short cuts? so i could use my midi controller to tap in the beat insted of the mouse, any tips would be most welcome cheers

Posté Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 8:54 am
If you right-click and analyze the file with "any music" it sould get almost all songs correct.
And the alternative "house/techno" gets the ones the first dont get right.. (the name is kinda misleading, as it works better for funkymix urban etc too).

When a song IS LOADED to a deck, you can right click that same file in browser, and choose edit BPM.
That will bring the tab beat window for you :)

Also, setting anchors so beats is a great manual way of getting correct BPM if you are playing odd songs that automatic BPM engine dont detect

Hope that helps;)

Posté Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 9:53 am
I tried analysing some slow songs as "techno/house" - about 150 bpm, it was displaying on average. It analyses the tracks faster - but 120 bpm for Without You by Nilsson?

Posté Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 10:54 am
ok thanks Ill try the analizer out, do you know any way to asign a midi/key board for the manual beat tap buttion thats how I used to do it in Traktor.

Posté Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 11:33 am
yeah house/tekno worked for me, mostly electro jams thanks dj-in-norway

Posté Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 11:54 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
In the settings window, create a shortcut key bound to "edit_bpm", which is found under "rhythm".

Posté Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 7:58 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)