Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet TCV / TCCD users

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
can someone help me out here if you think its a good idea or not,

not many people come through this forum

Posté Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 8:27 pm
so i guess no one here uses TCV

Posté Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 3:00 pm
I use timecode. I thought that the waveform resizing is necessary so the waveform always represent what you are doing with the pitch control. As in, .. you pitch it up a few percent and the waveform gets tighter. Pitch it down a few percent and the waveform stretches out. Seems to me this is the way it should work. And it does. Am I missing something here.?

Posté Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 9:05 pm
thats exactly how it works....

So I did not really understand your question Xeo.
The waves are of beat spikes.. and if you pitch, the time between beats are increased or decreased.. So is the distance between the peaks (beats) in the waveform..

Posté Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 9:12 pm
by the way, if you want to adjust the length between the beat peaks in the waveform, just place your mouse cursor over the waveform, and use the mouse scroll-wheel to adjust...

(or use keyboard shortcuts)

I guess you want the waveform to be "locked". That the distance between the beat peaks are constant, regardless of actual pitch (speed). Not sure if thats possible, as it reflects just that.. the speed/distance between beats

Posté Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 9:15 pm
well, actually now that I think about it. it could be programmed so that the waveform did not resize but in my opinion, this would be more complicated and defintely more confusing. if you pitch up the song but did not want the waveform to resize, then the waveform scroll speed would have to be altered. so pick one. would you rather have waveforms moving at different speeds or the waveform resize to fit the pitch of the track. i'll take the resized waveforms all day long. having waveforms move at different speeds would be confusing to say the least.

Posté Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 9:41 pm
On the other hand, it could be useful to see the speed of a track represented by the speed of the moving waveform rather than the distance between beats... Might be a bit more intuitive that way... Would be nice to have the option to see it either way. But I don't really use the waveform, so doesn't really matter to me :)

Posté Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 10:17 pm
i think that its a good idea that the wavform resizes when you adjust the pitch (and stay there) this allows you to use the TT/CD pitch controls and visualy concieve the waveform as it changes.

what im talking about is when you go to bend a song with the turntable, ether draging to slow down a track thats ahead or twisting up the center of the disk to catch up a song that is behind.

if you do this, at a constant amount, the pitch detection can be confused, thinking that its a proper fader pitch change, and altering the BPM and hence the waveform accordingly
(this can lead to the waveform appearing to be in line and then changing back again)

now i dont know if any one else experineces this or now understands what im talking about but i would love to know

thanks

Posté Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 2:04 am
When bending the time coded vinyl or cd, you will have to look at the center of the waveform, to see if the beats are aligned. If you look at the sides, you could be fooled. The reason is that the waveform is resized as soon as the speed is changing, like Xeo is explaining

I think this could be improved if the position of the beat is changed immediately if the speed is changing, so you will see if the bend you are doing has its effect. But the resize of the waveform is done after a time interval (ms?) that could be set in the config screen. You could set it to 0 to have the same as the current implementation. You could set it to 500, to have half a second delay. Note that this delay is only for the resizing and not for the position of the waves.
Hope it is clear, otherwise just ask.
Ewout

Posté Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 6:42 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)