Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet 360 verse PS3

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just wondering what general opinion is here, Have you bought or planning to buy the X-Box 36o or are you hanging on for the PS3?, or like me sitting on the fence until further notice hehe.

I'm in two minds which to go for, it's not a question of which is the most technically superier as that's the PS3, but which is going to dominant the consumers gamming market and make the right releases at the right prices.

It's hard to imagine Sony losing the current domination they have, but then again a few years ago it would of been hard to imagine Sega, Nintendo or even Amega being pushed out of the mainstream, the new generation of consoles changes everything but will it be the trademark this time?

I'm only a casual gamer anyway so it's not that important, but just interested as I like to way things up properly and make the best decision :).

Posté Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 1:21 am
I hear quite a few good things about PS3... something along the lines of 6 times more something :P
sorry not verry accurate but hey.

Sean

Posté Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 3:03 am
It's all about what you prefer. Some say xbox is for the more hardcore gamer but that's someones opinion.personally i'm an xbox fanboy. arguing about xbox an ps3 is like arguing about windows and mac or arguing about the bible. Don't do it.

Posté Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 3:21 am
Hey! Arguing about the Bible - that sounds good to me! Let's go!

nah...

Posté Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 3:52 am
Hold out for PS3. If anything, because it'll have a Blu-Ray drive, and the stand-alone Blu-Ray players that are available right now cost $1,000.

Even if those players come down to PS3's price for the holidays, why not get a PS3 AND a Blu-Ray player?

Don't worry about HD-DVD because it'll die once the PS3 hits the shelves, so don't worry about that "battle". It doesn't even have enough steam to become a war.

Sony and Apple backed PS3/Blu-Ray will TROUNCE Toshiba and microsoft backed xbox/HD-DVD.

I've got NO problem whatsoever with Toshiba by the way. They just got caught on the wrong side of the fence with a less than admirable illegal business monopoly... um, I mean... partner.

Sony will NOT let xbox 180 be a threat to PlayStation's dominance in ANY way, and that means that it will have GREAT gaming titles.

Posté Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 10:12 am
At the moment, HD-DVD has been named as having better quality for the movies which are available on both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray, I don't want to pay an additional £300 for a Betamax replica.

Regarding both systems there are a lot of sony fanboys who have made their minds up that it's better than the xbox 360 already. Likewise there are xbox 360 fanboys too but so far (from what developers have released) the xbox 360 does look like the favoured platform.

Sony claim the PS3 has twice the CPU power of the xbox 360 but as no one outside of sony has claimed such a thing; remember, this is the same company that told us that cutscenes were realtime gameplay at every e3. Also the PS3 OS is clunky requiring a lot more RAM than the beautifully working and live integrated xbox 360 dash. The technical director of forthcoming game, darkness recently revealed that the xbox 360 version will have better textures because the systems architecture allows for it. So the xbox 360 will have better graphics but he also confirmed that the ps3 will have better in game video (because of blu-ray's extra storage capacity); This game has episodes of Popeye playing on TV sets around the game, really!

This confirms what developers have been leaking for a long time that the xbox 360 is graphically superior, even though it's what, 3/5 of the price, out a year earlier and has fantastic online play.

The PS3 (like the PS2, but possibly worse this time) has been slated as hard to develop for too. THQ even cancelled Smackdown vs Raw 2007 on the PS3 despite it being a huge franchise and massive money earner; other developers are also wary about releasing titles for the PS3 because they're worried that costs are too high.

Posté Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 12:14 pm
Yes the 360 has plenty of advantages:
Out now (has a large user base, collection of games already established)
Much cheaper than the PS3
Has a better chance of dominating over Sony than in the previous "new generation of consoles battle"

PS3s advantages:
More power under the hood
People have more love for Sony than Microsoft (for example the previous success of Sonys consoles over the X-Box)
Blue Ray Drive (admitedly this is what's bumping up the cost).

So if it's a question of value for money, you need to decide whether you want to invest in Blu Ray technology when you buy a console or whether you just want a basic (but powerful) gaming machine. Considering the price Sony are shooting for, I don't see many people buying this machine except the hardcore Gamer/Sony fan, not until the price drops to something more reasonable, but buy then more people will have bought into the X-Box 360, unless there becomes a point where the Playstations games and graphics start 'out weighing' them of the 360, I don't see many people exchanging there 360s for a PS3.

From the start Sony seemed to be favourite, but from the market info I've read on various (soposedly non biased) sites I've seen more in favour of the 360s success. In the end both machines will co-exist, The question is whether the 360 will be in more homes than the PS3 in 07 or not, this is important as gaming is a social thing, plus people like to lend and borrow games off of one another. But it's Nintendo and Sega that are making the largest risk here imo.., there might be room for 2, but definately not 4 :), let the Robot wars begin! LOL

Posté Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 12:05 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think i missed something here? Why are you talking about Sega? Sega is dead now isn't it? are they planning on a new device?

Posté Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 12:44 am
Better change my answer here, I read something somewhere that both Nintendo and Sega have new consoles, Nintendos is well known and confirmed, but I can't find any info on the launch of a new Sega console, maybe it will happen, maybe it wont.. :)

Posté Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 12:46 am

Posté Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 1:05 am
dj seany69 wrote :
I hear quite a few good things about PS3... something along the lines of 6 times more something :P
sorry not verry accurate but hey.

Sean

6 times the storage capacity per disc. The 360 uses standard DVD which can hold 8.5 GB of data (double layer) whereas the ps3 blu ray discs will be able to hold nearly 60 GB on a double layer disc. For that I am waiting on the ps3, that means not only more room for more detailed graphics, but more room for extra charachters, game modes, dialogs, etc;^]

Posté Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 9:58 pm
"that means not only more room for more detailed graphics"

see my post above. pc games rarely ever get above the size of one dvd disc and good pc's are already graphically superior to the xbox 360 (and probably the ps3 too, I say probably because I've not played one yet); the main thing beta.. sorry, blu-ray will be good for is lining sony's pockets from the movie industry. they'll probably not even use blu-ray for games due to higher costs and the difficulty they were having with copy protections.

Posté Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 10:02 pm
Dj JASEHome userMember since 2006
GO PS3...however Sony has changed the release date to JAN2007.....and suposedly are having problems with BLU-RAY..kind of sweet that all games with PS3 will be backwards compatable with PS2......JASE

Posté Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 11:38 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005

Posté Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 4:45 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Ok ! to my opinion 360 rocks :)

I personnaly own two premiums from the first day (one for me and a gift to my brother) and I can't say how good it is to be able to play high res games as well as downloading demo on xbox live or even playing Xbox live arcarde games (just bought Uno yesterday...)

Xbox360 is my best friend when returning from gigs or nightclubs when I worked all the night ! (or after spending a night on the latest beta binary release of VDJ4... ^^ don't hit me !)

Well i must be crazy you know, but I really love what Microsoft achieved with this platform. Can't wait to see Live anywhere to check how they fixed all the PC/Xbox issues (like keyboard/mouse vs controller problem)

Will Atomix release one day a Virtual DJ anywhere as well ??? ;)

Posté Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 12:22 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
IF Atomix actually releases VDJ anywhere, i really hope it won't be as bad as DJ Decks & FX for Playstation 2. ;)

Well anyway, seeing how bad that was on Playstation 2, VDJ could only be much better on Playstation 2 3 or XBox 360.

Posté Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 12:41 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)