Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet First sighting of VDJ at a wedding?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djfunktHome userMember since 2006

Yes The DJ is using VDJ timecode vinyl!!!

If you are wondering why the DJ looks like the groom, thats because I was!!!

Just for the record (no pun intended) i only did about an hour so dont anyone go thinking I ignored my new bride on the day lol

Many thanks to migs and gareth for dj'ing on the night

The timecode arrived the day before the wedding, My 1210's were already set up at the venue so we just grabbed the pc, the hercules controler and hoped for the best! it all worked for us though and was a great night

Didnt get a chance to upgrade to full version of VDJ so used the timecode with another program that supports it.

To the right is Migs (the best man also a great trance/progressive dj) and to the left is liitle cus patrick

A good day was had by all

Posté Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 1:25 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Congratulations man, this is what I will do on my wedding, and the bride will wait for me ;) LOL. Very nice picture!

Posté Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 5:53 am
Congratulations, but next time hire a professional. I don't know, maybe you were not going for the professional. But, you look like you spent some time on the reception, by the way you were dressed. Years from now, you will look at this picture, and see things you don't like. It may not even take you years. I can pull your tooth, but would you hire me as your dentist? DJ Alf, take it from someone that has been around awhile. Get someone else to do your wedding, and on that day, stay away from the controls. Let's not forget why you are there.

Posté Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 7:10 am
jzafraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Cool pic man, my name is DJ LS and you aren't the only one using it for weddings. I've done a few already and people are amazed at the setup of the TCV's. I'll probably be doing the same the day I get married. Hope you had fun buddy. Keep on mixing!

Posté Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 4:19 pm
@A Man and His Music
You didn't understand me, my bride will be at the dj booth with me because she is also a DJ :) , and she will play for me and I will play for her. Guests must listen both, hehe LOL.
And I disagree about the picture, it will ALWAYS bring a good memories no matter how good or bad it will look then.

Posté Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 5:48 pm
@DJ-ALF

It is your wedding, and you are entitled to do as you please. I'm sure you and your wife will have a great time. The reason I have lasted so long in this business, is because I don't know everything. I learn from my mistakes, as well as from others mistakes. I am constantly learning something new everyday. As professionals, photographs not only let us relive the good times, but also gives us the opportunity to look at our mistakes. If we only see the good stuff, we will keep making the same mistakes over and over. As great as I am, I still make mistakes and there is still room for improvement. If you can look at that picture, as a professional DJ, and only see the interaction of friends on a special day, that's OK. However, this is not a "friends on a special day" forum. It's a professional DJ software forum, and I am able to see more. Would that be a good picture to show a potential client? I feel I have an obligation to share some of my knowledge and experience, and not just come here and take from others.

Posté Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 10:27 pm
Well said man, and biggest respect for an older dj. I'm DJ for 12 years and still learning as you said of my mistakes, now or then. VDJ is the best thing happened to me and my DJ work. Dj-ing is not a hobby for me, I make a living of it. Have fun and good mix!

Posté Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 2:21 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)