Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Help me with my Virtual DJ Set-up!!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

After looking at the sticky of everyone elses setups here, I thought I'd set up this topic so you guys could help me out.

Basically, I want to use timecoded vynils (which I already have a pair of) with Virtual DJ (planning to purchase after I get the correct setup) on proper decks.

I also want a mixer that I can use to control most of the functions that are on Virtual DJ such as looping, effects, samples, cross-fading, setting up cue-points etc.

I need a pair of direct-drive decks to do this with, something cheap but of good quality and is up to the job to scratch with.

I have a small budget at the mo, but can't really state exactly what it is because I want to know my options.

I've got a Hercules DJ Console MK1 which I didn't like using at all (buttons were poor, cross fader was too close to the jog wheels, I couldn't scratch properly with the jog wheels, can't hook two decks up to it etc. etc.) and this has put me off upgrading to the MK2. I'll probably sell it to get funds to buy the other items in my setup.

So far I've looked into the MAYA44 USB soundcard, the BCD2000 which I just discovered after someone mentioned it on these forums, Stanton's ScratchAmp (not sure if I can use it with Virtual DJ) and loads of other things. I haven't even started to look for decks yet because I really wouldn't know where to start (at the moment I'm just looking at the cheapest direct drives possible - not too sure if that's a good idea...). I'm pretty overwhelmed by the choices that I have which is why I thought I'd ask those here in the know.

Essentially I'm a bedroom DJ but having the flexibility of easily moving to a bar/club to DJ would be good.

Any help?

Posté Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 3:51 am
Anyone?

Posté Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 1:29 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I think based on what I have read that the MK 2 is much much improved, if you have any question on how much better contact dj Norway.

Personally I like the DAC 3 controller, but you have many many options.

Lastly, you get what you pay for (except for VDJ which is worth 10 times the price to me).
So look closely and listen to others when it comes to hardware, don't buy on price.

Posté Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 2:07 pm
If you are serious about connecting your (to buy) turntables, and want to do real scratch sounding great, you should get maya44 or U46dj

The mk2 controller will work too, but has a bit slow asio for fast scratch (will sound a bit digital)

And yeah, the Mk1 model is not good, very unresponsive, unfortunately. The MK2 model works good, very responsive. So a great console, but not top of the line when it comes to connecting timecode.
Its ok, but if you want to do real fast scratch, and are going to use timecode vinyls to control VDJ, get the Maya44 or U46dj soundcard.

Numark has some great direct drives that are not too expensive, but turntables .. well Gauge,White and more have more experience on that department:)
Still, there are many quite good and not too expensive direct drives ... read reviews at www.djdecks.co.uk.

As for mixer, any mid-range mixer will do. Its not so much of a critical part, as turntables and soundcard is. Its just a box with some volume sliders, basicly ;) hehe.. So you can save money on cheaper mixers (more expensive mixers have effects and better knobs and chips, but ... if you want to save at some part of the setup, I would save on the mixer part)

Hope that helps a bit;)

Posté Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 2:29 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)