Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet DJ as an Entertainer

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
All right,

The BPMs are precise, the playlists are thought through, ready to take Florida by the storm :)

Many times I have heard DJs say they are "entertainers," this even became cliche. To me, however, they did not do anything different as "entertainers", just used a different label to go by. So, my question to the group is this: should a DJ even try to do anything outside of spinning the music? If he does, how much interaction and in what form should it be? Will this be a good business idea?

What prompted me to ask this is the book "Make Some Noise"--check out the reviews, that will give you a basic idea at

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1929554028/qid=1088611973/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl14/104-0729866-3047967

I guess the goal being to be at the parties that the whole city speaks of, how much of a role does DJ have in that?

Posté Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 4:23 pm
vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Party DJ's Usually MC an event - If you are not comfortable MC'ing then maybe you should find someone to do it for you. Usually someone with a lot of energy always works. You can just play good music for a crowd at a party or something but it is always better to have an MC to get the crowd going.

If I do a wedding or B-Day party or something like that I will have a friend do the MC'ing as I do not feel comfortable doing it.

Club/Bar DJ's usually will not do to much MC'ing just more spinning unless it is called for.

Just my 2 cents.

Posté Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 4:48 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)