Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet iCDX video

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Posté Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 11:53 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
So that guy spent $2400 or so just so he could spin electronica? It seems like overkill to me. The only functionality those things add is scratching as far as I can tell. Everything else he's doing could be easily done inside the program... Is there something I'm missing, or are they just overpriced xp-10's?

Posté Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 12:45 am
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In the United States the ICDX's run for $799.

Posté Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 1:14 am
Actually, I've seen them as low as $599 online

I watched this video and all I could think was...

SCRATCH YOU DUMB ASS!
Touch the platter to see if it stops.
Do a back spin or something
Try to bend with the jog wheels.
show us the wet/dry effects.
Show me the screen up close!
Show us the back of the unit!

Man, Some DJ's do not deserve to have the technology
hehe just kidding

Posté Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 1:27 am
Yeah I know. I put a comment there, hopefully if enough people do he'll come back. I'm seriously thinking of picking two up, but I'm having a really tough time deciding. Without some sort of feedback.

Posté Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 1:34 am
I dunno, I am still torn on what to buy come 2007
The Denon DN-HD2500
or Two Numark iCDx's
or The Numark D2 Director
or Cortex HDC-3000

Or Just stick with my Hercules DJ console MK II

Posté Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 1:36 am

I kinda ordered one... At least if Numark Norway gives me a good deal... ;)
They wanted to offer a promo price, and waiting to hear from them what that will be...
If the price is good, I'll be iCDX powered in a few weeks.

If so, I'll make lots of demonstration videos of different aspects and use...

Posté Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 1:41 am
Oops, for some reason I thought they were going for 1200 - still, 600 apiece just to spin electronica (and therefore, not scratch) seems like crazy talk to me. Do they do anything else?

Posté Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 1:55 am
Yeah, they can scratch, play mp3's, cd's dvd's iPods' usb drives, thumb drives, and loop and cue them all without software. They are basically like VDJ - the computer as far as I can tell. Oh, I suppose they wouldn't be able to have as many effects and the computer though.

Posté Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 2:47 am
*as the computer

Posté Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 2:48 am
Let me rephrase: is there anything they can do (besides scratching easier) that VDJ can't do? VDJ can play videos, mp3's, and has a ton of effects. It seems to me that for VDJ users, the ICDX is just an expensive scratchwheel. IMHO.

Posté Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 2:53 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It is a good controller and a nice backup if your PC crash! And looks very nice in your setup too :P

Posté Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 9:18 am
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't agree with socross. Sure it will be a great feel to scratch with iCDX, but looks like in his opinion Electro DJs should use Numark Axis or worse.

iCDX seems to be a good controller, and sure it is a good CD/mp3 player too. 600€ for both things? cheap... tell me a controller with touch surface? XP10? it cost between 250 and 300 €. now go and buy a CD player where you can conect USB drives with 300 to 350 €.

The best thing about iCDX IMO isn't the controller, or the CD.... it the fact that you can either use it as a controller with the PC or you can choose to forget about your PC sometimes and take it to gigs only with a pair of IPODs or USB drives. It gives you freedom to choose.

Bad thing.... still, motorized platter would rock.

To conclude, if that guy did steel, kill, or sell a kidney on ebay to buy iCDX, would be a bad decision, if he just boght it with some remaining cash, iCDX buy was a great decision from him, doesn't matter what he likes to play.

BTW, electro rocks. :P

Posté Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 9:37 am
Don't get me wrong, I love electro, my comment wasn't meant to disparage electro DJ's at all.

What I meant was that I don't think DJ's that don't scratch need a controller at all. Just my opinion, every DJ has to find a setup that fits their style, and makes them comfortable. It just seemed like a lot of money to spend just for the added capability of scratching easier.

I do agree that if you like to leave the laptop at home and just want to play CD's, it's nice to have the player there.

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 11:05 pm
omg i was thinking the exact same thing, ive been wondering for how long now, how the icdx scratches, if its any comparison to the axis 9's if it is tahts great

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 11:48 pm
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I ordered 2 of them earlier this week, it's going to be sent tomorrow (well, it's 00:20AM... then it's going to be sent today :P). when I get them, I'll coment how the platter reacts.

Alx.

P.S. maybe I was too direct in my previous post. my complaints.

Posté Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 12:22 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I must admit that video was pretty gay lol. He should of stuck to the dac2.

Posté Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 1:25 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's just a first demo by a French user. He uses the mixer Numark 5000Fx. A new video will come soon apparently.

Posté Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 9:49 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)