Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Nudged Master Tempo

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi guys! This is a request which doesn't require so many code changes, so I would be pleased if the Dev Team will do it! AND, no other softwares seem to have it implemented... let's read!

It would be good to nudge songs with the Master Tempo enabled, so there won't be pitch changes. I know we can already do it by moving the pitch slider... but it would be good to fix some little synchronisation mistakes with the Master Tempo, so the public won't be able to hear the nudge AT ALL!!!

As the nudge works like a pitch change, a keylocked nudge will work like a master tempo change... I know there are some coding problems with hard nudges, but for little ones it's VERY EASY to deal with!!!

Posté Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 1:31 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes!

Though I don't think the team is considering this at all, because AtomixMP3 already had that option, while VDj never did, and there have been such request already as I recall...

Posté Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 4:02 pm
I think this feature would be cool also because it will ELIMINATE a problem which was born with mixing: the nudge detuning. I would be really pleased if the team added this feature to VDj v4.2, because we will be able to mix without detuning our songs!!!
Please please please! You'll be pleased too! Listen to me ;-)

Posté Mon 30 Oct 06 @ 5:11 pm
My DAC-3 mapper can do this (it's an option in user parameters.) It temporarily enables key lock while pitchbending (Either with jogwheel or -/+ buttons.)

Posté Mon 30 Oct 06 @ 11:40 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@Texzk and erxon..
Try "song_pos" instead of nudge..., use values -384 and +384
See what happens... even with Mt off...

Posté Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 6:11 pm
apopsis wrote :
@Texzk and erxon..

I get the awful crackling while the shortcut is pressed, so "no go". I also tryed the temporary master_tempo macro with the nudge (also jogwheel), but obviously the nudge isn't affected by master tempo.

Any other suggestions?

Posté Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 7:22 pm
erxon wrote :

I get the awful crackling while the shortcut is pressed

Thats normal, dont keep it pressed, (keyboard reppppppppeat mode..)
just use it "one shot". Increase the values if needed. No audible cracles if you use it in the mix this way.
In fact it works in a simillar way as "slicing" Time stretch programs like Recycle, Acid etc..
Experiment..

Posté Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 8:04 pm
Good found guy! It will be very good to be used without Master Tempo...
Anyway, I think the Nudged master Tempo is still a feature we're missing... It's even better than one-shot buttons...

Posté Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 10:01 pm
apopsis wrote :
Thats normal, dont keep it pressed, (keyboard reppppppppeat mode..)
just use it "one shot". Increase the values if needed. No audible cracles if you use it in the mix this way.
In fact it works in a simillar way as "slicing" Time stretch programs like Recycle, Acid etc..
Experiment..

Understanable :) Thx for the input, but I don't get the results I want, this is basically skipping the song, while nudging is smooth (timestretched would have much shorter 'skips') speed changing which is less noticable. I still think that timestretched nudge should be on a to-do list.

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 11:51 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i suggested a while back a way of having the first 10% of pitch change timestretched (but only ther first 10% so it doesnt sound as bad as the sldz1200 if your moving it more than just a bend) no one bought into the idea, one forum user even said they could recover from the worst mistakes using bends without an audible change.............er HOW? a pitch bend button would be easier but to be honest just right click the tempo and then let go (with MT on)

"slicing" Time stretch programs like Recycle, Acid etc

yes and also the type used in VDJ fast MT mode. quite good but can make sharp sounds like kick drums sound different every time (because they are so short sometimes the peak happens to be the part that is cut, and the next beat maybe not) and high quality mode does not work with low latencies (such as ASIO) and when actualy chaing the pitch slider

Posté Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 12:27 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
that would be cool

Posté Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 12:51 am
I've suggested this atleast 2 times and so have few others but it doesn't seem to be high priority.

Posté Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 1:11 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
apopsis wrote :
@Texzk and erxon..

It goes 384 samples (so ~9 ms) before or after in the song

Posté Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 4:26 pm
To re-iterate what I want:

To play songs in pitch (not master tempo) mode, so the vocals etc can higher than original, while still getting the benefits of "temporary master tempo" when doing small corrections to the song position by bend/nudge etc.

Posté Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 3:46 pm
I'd like that too..
(as an option)

Posté Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 12:50 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)