Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Auto-looping when end of song reached

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I think it would be neat if (for any given song) Virtual DJ could be set to auto-loop a certain section of the song when it reaches the end. This could be a 4 8 16 or 32 beats that you mark either with cues or with the "automix" section of the BPM screen.

This would be neat trick to prevent any embarassing silence caused by accidentally letting a song play out too long and running off the end. (You can call it the "Groove Protector" or something :) )

Posté Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 8:21 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
do u see loop in and loop out on the full audio skin

i belive this does it for u :)

Posté Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 10:19 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hes talking about if the song reaches the end. this sounds like a good idea.

the dilema comes from where to get the loop info from and when should it be triggered......

just rewinding 4/8/16 beats when it hits the end will give bad results with most songs as would triggering one of the saved loops for the song (another good idea)

a simmilar idea that was floated quite a long time ago was the idea that you could set an 'ermergency song' that would play automaticly if both decks were stopped at the same time. just load up soemthing random like bohemian rhapsody and if ever you get distracted it will bosh on your recovery tune and you can pretend it was all just part of the plan!

Posté Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 1:09 am
that would be nice lol

an emergency tune

even nicer would be if it could have an external controler for it like this lol

Posté Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 12:13 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
If you are a real dj, you don't need this option, I mean, common, you want the software to work everything for ya?

Posté Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 5:15 pm
yeh lol did u notice my slight hint of sarcasm there lol

Posté Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 8:25 pm
Yeah but what if you went to take a leak and couldn't make it back in time and you forgot to put it on automix???

Posté Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 5:32 am
Quote :
If you are a real dj, you don't need this option, I mean, common, you want the software to work everything for ya?

If you're a real dj, why are you using auto-bpm to begin with? Or master tempo? Or looping? Or fake scratching? etc, etc...

IMHO the point of Virtual DJ isn't to prove our chops, it's to help us put on better "performances" for the dancers. If i flub up once every 6 or 7 gigs and miss a cue, or shut off the wrong deck, so be it. Virtual DJ (conceivably) has the ability to cover for that, and so I think it would be a neat thing to be able to do.

If you need that cover for every single mix you're doing then -yeah- you're probably not ready to be out there yet. But that's not what I'm talking about... and we can all just decide that the auto-CYA feature should be disabled during turntable competitions, k? :)

Posté Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 8:12 am
i think a safetynet of automix turning on might be a good idea

but not an endless loop

Posté Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 12:38 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I think this is a great idea... not so much for when the DJ fucks up, but just to simplifiy mixing.

I use loops at the end of the song all the time so that I can extend the mix out for short radio edits and stuff.

If there was a way of setting a special cuepoint near the end where it would automatically loop, and you could set the number of beats to loop, it'd just mean less stuff for the DJ to do.

Although, I'm not entirely sure how you'd set this up in the interface... perhaps you could just right click on your cuepoint display (like the ones in my VideoVision skin) and right click an option like "start 8 beat loop when this cuepoint is reached), and then a little indicator in the cuepoint display will turn on if that is enabled...

Does this seem like a workable idea?

Posté Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 9:49 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)