Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Skeptical on switching over...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

THUROHome userMember since 2006
Hey whats up guys and gals, I have been lurking on this forum for about a month now, and I wanted to see what you thought. I use Serato Scratch Live as of right now and am kind of skeptical about switching over to virtual dj. The main reason is that I switched over to serato after having Stanton Final Scratch freeze on me at live performances. I find that Serato is extremely stable it has never given me any trouble, constant updates on the site and very user friendly. I want to switch over because of the video capability that is only offered by virtual dj as of right now, but wanted to see some input from users that have tested it and have seen it in action for themselves. so I guess the question here is: what can you say about virtual dj, as compared to serato scratch live?

Posté Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 2:08 am
I have not used Serato or Final Scratch. I already had a great mp3 player PCDJ FX. I know, most of the users here hate that software, but it worked fine for me. I was at the DJ Times convention in AC, Aug 05. Everybody was there with their software, but i\'m looking for somebody that can do video. Tricerosoft was there, and told me they could mix video. I told them to show me, but they just could not do it. They had all kinds of excuses, this wasn\'t hooked up, they left this piece home. I kept movin. I demoed Serato and everything else that was there. Again, I didn\'t need another mp3 player. I came across this booth with Virtual DJ. I had not heard of them before, but they had a great booth, and a lot of videos going. Some guy name Cyder comes over, and gives me the sales talk about how they can mix video. I said yeah, yeah, show me. He mixed two videos, and my mouth dropped open. I thought he used some kind of trick. You know how you watch real hard when you see a magician, to try to catch the trick. Well, I told him to do it again, so I could catch him. He did it again. I asked if I could try it, and did. I asked him how much, took out the money, and that was it. The owner was there, gave me a few G- strings for my girls, and I was happy. I have been mixing videos in my club every since. As a matter of fact, I am mixing right now. The night DJ called out, so I am doing a double. I have been playing since 12 noon, and will be here til 1:30. I don\'t even have a CD in the CD player just in case, because I don\'t know what just in case is. I should, because anything could happen, but that shows you how confident I am. Check this out. Since you have Serato, you can use their sound card with VDJ. I think they call it an interface, but you know what I mean, the box. I don\'t use TCV, but have seen others use it, and it works great. I am sure you can find some dis-satisfied users, as you can find some that are not happy with Serato. I have not been to their forum, so don\'t know if it is all love there or not. So what can I say about VDJ compared to Serato? Got video? Do I need to say more?

Posté Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 4:05 am
THUROHome userMember since 2006
nice sounds like i'm gonna be spending some bucks as soon as i get back from monterrey mex., hopefully that'll be the last time i only play mp3s and start mixing some video, oh by the way if any of you can tell me what to buy crossfader-wise on the video, keeping in mind i would be using TCV that would be cool.

Take care guys and thanks for the input
THURO

Posté Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 10:04 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)