Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Long time no post.... How much more $ has video djing given you?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

What i'm asking is, around here DJs get on average $150-$200 per gig per week if they have somewhat of a rep and are good (Ie, the owner doesn't compalin) So what kind of price tag do you put on a night of video entertainment? I saw one VJ in my whole life (Dj Roonie G) ;;man did he suck ass;; thats neither here nor there, but he was on the pioneers, and he got paid $2500 for one night(2hrs) of work. I wanna get to that level!!!

So, if you don't mind me asking, what do you guys make in a night honestly since you have switched to VJing??

-Schmidty

Posté Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 7:37 am
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
900AUD a night for video. $675US roughly. 5 hours. On a VDJ setup... thats bringing my small cube pc and some of my equipment.

Though Roonie G is somewhat pioneer champ or something and is very weel exposed so yeah hed get more.

Purchasing a licence of VDJ is far cheaper than a pioneer DVJ rig. I use it with CDJ1000MK3 basically gives me same feel as DVJS neways.... its pretty much exactly the same.

Posté Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 2:53 pm
charge what the market will bear, you have to know your clients and what they will pay. Also your skill set must be up to par before asking for bigger dollars (practice, practice). I get $500 to $700 per event without video right now.

Posté Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 4:31 pm
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
yeah bigmark has a point. I should ask more since im doing video now. I get paid the same as what I did for mixing audio. Well technically there is not such a great difference really. Mixing MPEG-1 instead of MPEG-3 lol... If you can pull a mean audio set, you can pretty much pull a mean video set. Like i said it doesnt make a diff for me... coz im mixing the videos as I would mix the audio so really no difference.

Posté Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 4:54 pm
DJKice wrote :
yeah bigmark has a point. I should ask more since im doing video now. I get paid the same as what I did for mixing audio. Well technically there is not such a great difference really. Mixing MPEG-1 instead of MPEG-3 lol... If you can pull a mean audio set, you can pretty much pull a mean video set. Like i said it doesnt make a diff for me... coz im mixing the videos as I would mix the audio so really no difference.

There is a difference. It cost more to do video. The DVDs alone cost more, and more time just to rip. My club owner is not paying me any more, because he is a cheap bastard. He thinks I make too much now (more then twice the other DJs here). He is short sighted. However, I am still coming out on the upside. My tips have almost doubled from the customers, and dancers. I am also getting 8 hrs of practice a day, and working out all the kinks. When another club pays me, he will pay. He is a follower, not a leader. He still pays me more then any other club, that's why I'm still here. As for my mobile market, you get what you can from the client. Just like anything else, some have it , and some don't. Right now I am getting $200.00 and up for added video, but you only get two hours. This way, if they don't have a lot of money, they can still get some video. The only extra equipment I bring is a projector, tri-pod, and a screen. I will be adding a live feed pretty soon, and my price will go up.

BTW, Ronnie G deserves all the money he gets, he earns it. I don't have to worry about him, he is not in my area, and we don't do the same thing. I doubt if any one of my clients know who he is.

Posté Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 11:13 pm
I've seen Roonie G also. I know a local video dj who is better but he wasn't the worst I've seen. You should be able to get a minimum of $500 a night for DJing music videos, and probably more. Much more. A well known music video DJ in my area gets $1500 a night for music videos, in the same clubs that pay $200 or $250 for regular DJs. The same DJ has some out of town residencies that fly him to the spots once a month and pay for expenses, transportation, etc.

The market for video DJing is ripe. My advice is establish yourself and command high dollar for it while it's still somewhat a specialty.

Posté Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 12:01 am
here in nyc, if you want to play out in the big clubs, or loungws for that matter...you gotta use video. managers won't even look at you if you play "only music".

Posté Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 7:02 am
Price and experience and talent seem to have nothing in common with each other......I know tons of Dj's that do "traveling guest gigs" that make $1000 to $1500 a night on the road but no one in town will pay them more then $100 a night, go figure...........Most of the time a "name" gets you much further than talent, it's not what you know but who

Posté Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 12:44 pm
Wow, thanx alot everyone for your reply.

Hey, djkizzle

I'm in CT and NYC is one of my main target points. Do you use Virtual dj for video?? I'd love to come down and check it out if thats cool, i'd love to catch this program in action, also see our setup how you have everything hooked up / What type of equipment u use ... etc.

Thanx!!

Posté Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 7:49 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)